babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Steering Failure Recall ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From VOSA:
Reference : R/2012/154
Manufacturer Ref : P031
Make: LAND ROVER
Model : Land Rover Evoque
Launch Date : 11/12/2012
Numbers Involved : 156
Build Start Date : 20/08/2012
Build End Date : 18/09/2012

Recall Details
Concern : STEERING MAY FAIL

Description : The steering rack mounting bolts may not be fully tight. Should the steering gear fixings be below the required torque, the driver would experience, during low speed manoeuvring, abnormal noise and feedback through the steering wheel and at higher speeds some easily corrected minor over steer. Should a driver ignore the warning signs, in extreme cases, both fixings could become sufficiently loose to detach from the vehicle making directional control of the vehicle difficult.
Remedial Action : Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected to inspect the steering gear and check that the steering gear mounting fixings are tightened to the correct torque.

Vehicle Id : SALVA2BG0CH704223 to SALVA2AE6DH713526
Looks like mine falls in that date range.
Ref: in extreme cases, both fixings could become sufficiently loose to detach from the vehicle making directional control of the vehicle difficult. Shocked

Directional control of the vehicle difficult. Is that the posh way of saying, your going to crash your car as the steering won't be working.
Just spoke to my dealer they said they no nothing about this recall.
Well mine falls within those dates and VIN#s too. I happen to be in Prague for the next few days and then driving onto Berlin before heading back to England next week. Guess I will keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens during the trip. The only thing I've noticed is a little knocking sound coming from somewhere on the left side of the vehicle when turning sharply like at a roundabout but it doesn't happen everytime so it's hard to pin point exactly where it's coming from.

Only other thing I've noticed is the fuel filler door keeps popping open on its own occasionally.
(18-12-2012 04:41pm)Barton Evoque Wrote: [ -> ]Just spoke to my dealer they said they no nothing about this recall.
...And?! lol
It's a VOSA recall, so they most certainly will know about it.
build 5.9.12

Arrghhh... holy..

but, my is a SALVA1XXXXXX... the VOSA say SALVA2XXXXX...

think i have to call the stealership.
Only the last six digits matter, I think, as they are the serial number of your car. The 6th one indicates body style 1 = 3-door and 2 = 5-door.
It seems mine is in this range too. Dealer call me thinks
I have had mine fixed for "Q235 - Clamp load applied to steering rack fixing" in October already (http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Steering-Recall)
now it looks like i´m in again (704865). there is no memo in Topix yet, so I will wait and see.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's