babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: [FYI] Adaptive Xenons in North America
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To the best of my knowledge, there are no corner assist lamps in NA. The Xenons do swivel though. I never noticed them working and I think they don't turn much in this particular car. On other cars I can definitely see a difference. Do they also swivel in the EU and overseas?

Also, shouldn't they auto level upon start up? I only see them swivelling :/
(12-12-2012 10:32am)ultran00b Wrote: [ -> ]To the best of my knowledge, there are no corner assist lamps in NA. The Xenons do swivel though. I never noticed them working and I think they don't turn much in this particular car. On other cars I can definitely see a difference. Do they also swivel in the EU and overseas?

Also, shouldn't they auto level upon start up? I only see them swivelling :/

Have to say I don't notice much directional movement in mine either. Sure, I get the corner assist lights come on at low speeds, but the actual xenons don't seem to swivel much.

As for leveling, I think different cars do this in different ways. Some seem to automatically move down to their lowest position and then back up to wherever they need to be, which is very evident. However, I think others like LR just go from where they were to where they need to be, which is most cases isn't going to involve much movement at all so it's not noticeable.
They actually swivel quite a bit while your driving at normal speeds(above 20mph). The start up is just checking that they work. I believe the swivel pattern is more on the passenger side then on the driver side. I could be wrong but thats from my memory
Reference URL's