babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dynamic front bumper issue.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One for Dynamic owner's only......

Just noticed this morning (slight condensation really showed it up) strange marks on the front bumper.
Unable to capture it on camera - and neither could the dealer - so here goes.
We have a Fuji Dynamic build date 5/10/12, and what can best be described is 'blistering' about 2" to 3" long in a horizontal plane on the painted section below the fog lights (I Have it on both sides - but not exactly the same), but it is not the paintwork but the plastic bumper itself. the defect is towards the wheelarch in both cases. And can be best described as where the black plastic section would start on the other models. The ridge can be seen by the naked eye and felt when you run a finger over it.
The dealer states that there is nothing behind the marks so cannot be bodywork pushing forward.

I looked at the model in the showroom (Dynamic that has been there for six months!!) nothing, I looked at a 12 plate in the car park, nothing - these were all fuji's, but I looked at a Mauritius Blue Dynamic (personal plate) and hey presto - it was there too..........

Awaiting LR to visit my humble abode and have it examined.

Once again sorry no photos - but I will try and mark the spot on a picture.

[attachment=3127]
(10-12-2012 12:29pm)Shenley Wrote: [ -> ]One for Dynamic owner's only......

Just noticed this morning (slight condensation really showed it up) strange marks on the front bumper.
Unable to capture it on camera - and neither could the dealer - so here goes.
We have a Fuji Dynamic build date 5/10/12, and what can best be described is 'blistering' about 2" to 3" long in a horizontal plane on the painted section below the fog lights (I Have it on both sides - but not exactly the same), but it is not the paintwork but the plastic bumper itself. the defect is towards the wheelarch in both cases. And can be best described as where the black plastic section would start on the other models. The ridge can be seen by the naked eye and felt when you run a finger over it.
The dealer states that there is nothing behind the marks so cannot be bodywork pushing forward.

I looked at the model in the showroom (Dynamic that has been there for six months!!) nothing, I looked at a 12 plate in the car park, nothing - these were all fuji's, but I looked at a Mauritius Blue Dynamic (personal plate) and hey presto - it was there too..........

Awaiting LR to visit my humble abode and have it examined.

Once again sorry no photos - but I will try and mark the spot on a picture.

Yet another body work issue which quality control have missed. Makes me wonder who LR are employing in QC and what they're training them to look for!?!
A pic pointing out the area would be good, I've had the front replaced on mine already for cracking appearing around the washer holes.
(10-12-2012 03:13pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]A pic pointing out the area would be good, I've had the front replaced on mine already for cracking appearing around the washer holes.

The area is pointed out in the photo in post #1
(11-12-2012 09:45am)speary Wrote: [ -> ]The area is pointed out in the photo in post #1

Oops, pic didn't come up on my phone for some reason! Embarrassed

No problem there on my Fuji Dynamic, on either front bumber its had Rolling Eyes
(10-12-2012 12:31pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another body work issue which quality control have missed. Makes me wonder who LR are employing in QC and what they're training them to look for!?!

Its well known that bumpers are painted separately to the car and are normally done and supplied by a outside contractor so may not be a internal LR factory issue. However LR should be making sure that the suppliers meet their quality expectations.
I would get them to sort that red paint out on those areas too!Laughing

Like WB has done was thinking of trading in for another new one, but given the Crap they are churning out now, will stick with our well put together 12 plate rather than swapping for a newer 'Lemon'!
Sorry, I'm colour blind, I thought I had marked it in green.....

Alas its not the paint, but the quality of the re-cycled fairy liquid bottles ( other brands of washing up liquid bottles are also re-cycled)

It's the paint guys that LR have sent out to my house........ to look at a plastic moulding problem.....

I just wonder if anyone gets it right these days...... or am I just getting old and crusty.
Update.
Not good news waited ages for the work to be done.........
New bumper, well where do I begin, paint has rubbed off by headlamp washers, both wheel arch grey trims are now ill fitting, the nearside one on the bumper was hanging off.
And all this when I went to pick it up!

Goes back in on 11/2/13 - if not done correctly (By the authorised LR paint shop) will be looking to reject the car.
I have had enough.
First, in answer to your question, I do not have this issue. Second, I would be on the phone to LR NOW. If you want them to stop dropping the ball, someone has to tell them that they are. Take pictures of the crap work and post them. With the name of the dealer.

When I had my C6 and belonged to a big Corvette forum, GM engineers frequented the threads. It was really amazing how helpful they were as they very clearly knew happy customers were loyal customers.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's