babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Battery charging kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Apart from stating the obvious at me, anyone know what this is for ?

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix...=undefined
It's a kit for charging the battery Very Happy.

It's for people like me who have there RRE hooked up to a trickle charger all week. This way you dont have to open the bonnet each time to gain access to the battery.
Does Pic 1 show the unit residing up by the wiper ?
I'm seeing it as the socket to plug your charger in to is screwed down on the trim next to the wiper arm, just under the bonnet edge so it's out of sight.
Yep, agree. Interesting - hopefully I'll never have the need for my Evoque to be a diesel / electric hybrid !
A kit that you can carry with you would be handy as I had a flat battery for the 3rd time yesterday. Evil
(06-12-2012 09:49pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]A kit that you can carry with you would be handy as I had a flat battery for the 3rd time yesterday. Evil

You should get that checked - several owners have had batteries and alternators replaced
(06-12-2012 09:49pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]A kit that you can carry with you would be handy as I had a flat battery for the 3rd time yesterday. Evil

Hmm, good job you're selling ! Laughing

First time today, spent ages cleaning it with doors open etc and that must have done it?

Went to take it to a garage to get a price and it wouldnt start, it must know its going !

sat waiting for the recovery as I have a busy day today and can't be bothered to do it myself.
Had mine open all day yesterday cleaning it, started fine, although Start/stop not working so battery likely drained a bit, also left the side lights on all day today (must have turned the stick accidentally getting out), started fine tonight also!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's