babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: What did you do to pass the time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, now that I see my Evoque in Topix, and see that it's at the Southampton Shipping yard waiting for its vessel to arrive, I am getting very anxious Laughing . The dealer says that it is scheduled to arrive on Dec 26th... so I have about 4 weeks of waiting ahead of me.

Soooo.... what have all of you guys done to pass the time while waiting for yours to arrive at the dealer? I imagine multiple visits to this forum/day, but is there any interesting reading/research on the Evoque out there (I've already gone through the PDF of the manual)?

Cheers,
Sleepless in Toronto
- Lurking in babyrr
- Reading the user's manual (several times)
- Repeatedly watching Evoque clips on YouTube
Ha- yes guilty of all of the above!
Complain about the scooby 4x4 that im replacing.
There are plenty of reviews and videos out there on the web, looked at and read loads of those.
My wife got hers last Saturday. She's still grinning and I have only had one drive in it so far. It's feckin stunning. I am told I am washing it tomorrow (Saturday) and if I'm a good boy I can take it to Costco for some supplies....
I've now officially entered the dark period... My baby was loaded onto the boat on Monday, and is now already out of range as the Aida steams across the Atlantic.

I think I know the manual off by heart now, and I'm resorting to the most obsecure evoque videos on Youtube since the kids had me up all night last night with colds.

Apparantly, I will see the boat again when it comes in range of Halifax in about 6 days, then I'll get to go stir-crazy when it is on a train (that I cannot figure out how to track) from Halifax to Toronto for about 8 days... I may need some sedatives to make through that stint.

Nice to know that we have a support network, and there are people that have made it through to serve as an inspiration to me Laughing
I'm sure you've seen all the videos - this is the one I kept going back too... And I live in Ireland - not too much snow... yet/normally.
(30-11-2012 08:09pm)Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]- Lurking in babyrr
- Reading the user's manual (several times)
- Repeatedly watching Evoque clips on YouTube

Same here. + trying to forget about it. I had a 9 month wait, getting it tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
8th March to 6th december. That was a terrible wait. Still 22 hours to go!!!!!
How long prior to delivery did people get a vin? Im about 5 weeks away now.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's