babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Mats - Could somebody check?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just taken delivery of a set of custom made Evoque car mats from carmats4u.com, as several other people on here seemed to rate them quite highly. I'm very happy with the overall quality of the mats, but I do have one issue. The rear mats are a good cut for the floor shape, but it seems to me that the holes in the mats for the hooks in the floor are in the wrong place. To line the hooks up to go through the holes, the mat has to be a bit forward of its natural sitting position, and then to actually engage the hooks it has to be further forward still, so it doesn't sit properly and tends to move backwards meaning the hooks come out of the holes again.

I contacted carmats4u about this and got a quick reply saying that they used the measurements from the OEM mats and offering me a refund if I wasn't happy. I don't want to return the mats as I'm very happy with them, but want to check if what they are telling me is correct or if they have the wrong measurements.

So, two questions...

1) Can anyone else with rear mats from carmats4u tell me if they have the same problem?

2) Can anyone with the official LR mats tell me the distance between the back of the rear mats and the back of the fixing holes?

Many thanks!
I have the official LR mats and dont use the hooks at all in the rear as they stay put because of the shape of the mats and the slot they sit in.
(29-11-2012 02:31pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]I have the official LR mats and dont use the hooks at all in the rear as they stay put because of the shape of the mats and the slot they sit in.

I could just leave mine lose, but if the hooks aren't through the holes then the mats don't sit nice and flat on the floor as they sit on top of the hooks
(29-11-2012 02:40pm)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]I could just leave mine lose, but if the hooks aren't through the holes then the mats don't sit nice and flat on the floor as they sit on top of the hooks

You should be able to remove the hooks - I think they're a screw fitting
(29-11-2012 02:57pm)WB Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to remove the hooks - I think they're a screw fitting

That would work, thanks for the info.
The hooks in the floor don't look as if they can be easily removed. However, I sent another email to the company with a couple of photos and they've said that if I send them the measurements they'll make me a new set for the rear free of charge. Good service.

Not sure if they're going to update their own template with my measurement, or going to stick with what they use at the moment but you may want to check with them if you're looking at ordering.

Here's a couple of photos showing the mat lying where it should lie, and where is sits with the hooks engaged:
It looks like you have the off-set hooks fitted ( actual hook is not near the screw part ), you can get hooks that haven't got such an off-set ( your dealer should be able to get some for you ) which should bring the mats nearer the rear seats.
(29-11-2012 07:40pm)Nowaytk Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like you have the off-set hooks fitted ( actual hook is not near the screw part ), you can get hooks that haven't got such an off-set ( your dealer should be able to get some for you ) which should bring the mats nearer the rear seats.

But there's no visible screws with these hooks so no obvious way of removing them.
You'll probably find they're attached by gripping pins that just grab the carpet. They'll probably break when you try to ease tem out of the carpet and will need replacing.

One of mine is a bit sloppy so I'm prety sure they're not screwed in.
here are the fitting instructions - look at instruction 8 and it shows that you spin the hooks clockwise to fix them so anticlockwise should release them
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's