babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Roof rails on "no pano roof" evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been here for a while, just reading (thank you Smile), now is the time to say hello, and ask some questions Smile
I've searched through other threads, and couldn't find an answer about fitting roof rails on a "solid"/no pano roof. Seems you all have pano roofs Smile

My evoque has solid roof, and do I really need any other parts than VPLVR0086 to mount rails on it? are "finishers" made for both solid and pano roofs, or just for pano?

If you had any experience with solid roof and rail could you please give me required parts numbers?

thank you in advance
Hi. Welcome.

I believe the vplvr0086 are the black roof rails. (vplvr0085 will be the silver). Yes you'll need a finisher kit for the solid roof which will i believe be vplvr0087 in black (vplvr0088 - in silver) if my brochure is correct.

The pano finisher kits of course have a different number.

I have black rails and finisher kit on my Firenze and a solid roof

Hope this helps.
(27-11-2012 11:30pm)ChuckieB Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Welcome.

I believe the vplvr0086 are the black roof rails. (vplvr0085 will be the silver). Yes you'll need a finisher kit for the solid roof which will i believe be vplvr0087 in black (vplvr0088 - in silver) if my brochure is correct.

The pano finisher kits of course have a different number.

I have black rails and finisher kit on my Firenze and a solid roof

Hope this helps.

Yeah! It helped Smile Thank you!
So it means that I have to increase My "roof rails budget" Sad Not a good news...
Almost 1300 Pounds for full skiing set Sad
No problem. There are those who have gone without the rails and for a Thule kit with feet. It's written about extensively on the forum.

Will certainly save quite a few quid!
Thule only OK if you have a 5 door. If you havbe a 3 door, there's nothing for the rear mount to attach to. Agree about the cost, expensive as all the individual parts mount up.
(28-11-2012 12:22pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Thule only OK if you have a 5 door. If you havbe a 3 door, there's nothing for the rear mount to attach to. Agree about the cost, expensive as all the individual parts mount up.

...of course, good point! Such things are easily forgotten after several months of familiarity with ones own vehicle!
I bought a cancelled order and the dealer had my car new and unregistered in the showroom with loads of extras including roof rails (see pics under the tread 'project colour code'). The dealer wanted over £600 for the roof rails and refused to discount them. I took delivery of the car last Saturday and the rails were still on the car so I had to agree to bring it back on Monday to let them remove them, otherwise I would have to have left it there until Monday. The rails look great but I don't need them and certainly not at £600. Not a penny discount would they give me on them and they are now stuck with a second hand pair.
(28-11-2012 10:05pm)muff Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a cancelled order and the dealer had my car new and unregistered in the showroom with loads of extras including roof rails (see pics under the tread 'project colour code'). The dealer wanted over £600 for the roof rails and refused to discount them. I took delivery of the car last Saturday and the rails were still on the car so I had to agree to bring it back on Monday to let them remove them, otherwise I would have to have left it there until Monday. The rails look great but I don't need them and certainly not at £600. Not a penny discount would they give me on them and they are now stuck with a second hand pair.

As a dealer fit option they'll be on the next one that orders with roof rails! Must have been a very late cancellation for the rails to have already been fitted?
Its comical they value their time so much when charging by the hour, yet wont give a discount as such which may make the customer happy and remove the risk they may damage something in the process. I struggle to see the logic.

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
(28-11-2012 10:32pm)ChuckieB Wrote: [ -> ]As a dealer fit option they'll be on the next one that orders with roof rails! Must have been a very late cancellation for the rails to have already been fitted?

When the order was cancelled the stealer took it upon themselves to fit all sorts of goodies on the car and put it in the showroom. iPad holders, mudflaps, roof rails and other bits. I kept a couple of bits at full retail. But not the roof rails!
Reference URL's