babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Does your iPod Connection break up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm wondering how your sound quality is with a wired iPod connection?

I've always found the quality to be a bit glitchy and the sound quality poor compared to CD or Bluetooth streaming from an iPhone. I'd prefer to use this wired connection because you can then navigate (slowly) from the RRE console display which is safer - not to mention legal - compared to using the Bluetooth interface.

I've dug around to unearth 3 generations of iPod - plus the iPhone itself - and none seems very different from the others and it doesn't seem to matter whether you are using MP3 or Apple Lossless.

Any experiences?
Hi Mark
I have used my ipod from day one and no problems apart from right at the beginning when I realised that if the USB was not snug then I did get a dicky connection. I soon found that making sure the wires were snug made the difference and I have had no problem in the last year.

Cheers
(25-11-2012 05:45am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering how your sound quality is with a wired iPod connection?

I've always found the quality to be a bit glitchy and the sound quality poor compared to CD or Bluetooth streaming from an iPhone. I'd prefer to use this wired connection because you can then navigate (slowly) from the RRE console display which is safer - not to mention legal - compared to using the Bluetooth interface.

I've dug around to unearth 3 generations of iPod - plus the iPhone itself - and none seems very different from the others and it doesn't seem to matter whether you are using MP3 or Apple Lossless.

Any experiences?

I pick my car up tomorrow so haven't tried to see which option gives the best sound quality, but in all my previous cars a wired iphone connection was far superior to Bluetooth audio. Currently I have my iPhone wired in my C70 for audio and Bluetooth for the phone connection and that's what I am planning wither the evoque.

Cheers

Mark H
I'm using one of the earliest ipod classics 30gb, connected via cable and have used it since day 1 with no real problems.
No problems with my ipod 120gb. Sound quality excellent but prefer to use my moible phone Galaxy S3 to bluetooth the music.
Hi Mark I have had the same problem with the iPod, so I now use a memory stick which is very small so doesn't take all the room up in the storage box. I tied a few different cables but it made no difference there was alway interference.
Ann
Interesting, thank you. I tried it with a new cable and iPhone 5, still the same. I have not tried a USB drive, I'll give it. Go. Car is in for service tomorrow so I will mention it to them.
(26-11-2012 09:18pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, thank you. I tried it with a new cable and iPhone 5, still the same. I have not tried a USB drive, I'll give it. Go. Car is in for service tomorrow so I will mention it to them.

Hi Mark,

Did you get a solution from the dealer? My car is 4 months old and it's just started to "crackle" on the ipod connection. Like you, I also use a wired connection. Would love any tips!

Missy
the sound on mine persistently cuts out, regardless of order of installation/bluetooth on/off etc. Its very annoying as its the only way to see the playlist
The dealer has replaced the part of the storage compartment with the connectors; it may have been a loose connection or someting wrong with the part itself but the sound is much improved.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's