babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: RTFM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there's a 'man thing' about never reading the manual, but I'm always amazed at how people can spend £40,000 on a car and sell it after 3 years without even having known how some things work or even what they've paid for. I'll admit to being a bit geeky and like to wade through manuals but so many times I get friends saying "wow! how did you do that" when I show them something (not just on a car). If I'm spending my money on stuff, I want to get the most out of it!

I know forums like this are great places for getting answers, but I've been looking through the PDF manual over the last couple of days ready for my delivery on Tuesday, and already I've found answers to two quite long threads that I've seen on here over the last few weeks, one about the engine automatically stopping when you leave the car, the other about how/when the heated wing mirrors work.

I'm not having a go at anyone, it's your car after all. I'm just intrigued why there's this natural inclination to refuse to refer to the manual even when questions or problems occur?
Well I am with you on this. Sad git that I am I had downloaded the whole manual and read it before delivery.
The salesman did not know what hit him on handover!
Saddo here as well.

Read the whole PDF version long before taking delivery.
Great, thanks for the info. Not having managed to read the whole manual yet, I did not know there was a pdf manual!

Now I can read it without fear of it being toddler-ised and leave the original in the car.

http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/evoque...manual.pdf
Agreed, Having the PDF is great, I haven't read every page, but read all the bits that I use or seem different.
Reference URL's