babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Scuffed my wing mirror :-(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As the title says, I have scuffed my passenger wing mirror, first time ever for me Sad Must be the dumbo proportions that threw me Laughing

I don't know where I left my brain yesterday. There was a transit van parked half on the footpath, half in the road. I would usually wait until the oncoming traffic had passed and then proceed. For some reason I decided to go, luckily I was only going slow but my wing mirror clipped the wing mirror of the transit van. I pulled over and apologised/spoke to the guy who owned the van, he was not in the slightest bit bothered and sent me on my way!!!

On first inspection the mirror looked fine but this morning I had another look and there are three small scuff marks where I have taken the 'gloss' off but not the paint, so just three 'matt' marks.....

Any ideas on how I can put this right? Cheaply?

Hubby mentioned 'chips away' but the damage doesn't seem that severe to me?!?!

Any advice pls?

Thanks.

Ali.
Ali, sounds like they will probably polish out.

If you have some t-cut or autoglym polish that should do the job. If you don't have any just nip down to Halfords.

Just put a little on a microfibre and rub in straight lines then buff off.
Stick a bit of clear nail varnish on it, he will never notice Whistle
If you haven't gone through the paint you can probably polish it out with Autoglym Super Resin polish, even if you have polishing may make it a lot less noticable. If not you can either get the cover removed and resprayed, or I think new ones were quite cheap, but not sure it they come painted, there was someone else on here had replaced thiers, worth a search.
Thanks guys Smile

Will pop to Halfords over the weekend or next week....

Definately not worth replacing the unit, the marks are not that noticeable, it's just that I know they are there Sad

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again Smile

Ali.
New wing mirror caps are only around £13.00 from Dan @Duckworths. There come in primer ready to be sprayed what ever colour you need. A body shop would charge about £60.00 to spray a pair + fitting (it's a 10min job).

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Mirror-Co...irror+caps
Post 16 shows how to removal & fit them.
(16-11-2012 02:05pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]New wing mirror caps are only around £13.00 from Dan @Duckworths. There come in primer ready to be sprayed what ever colour you need. A body shop would charge about £60.00 to spray a pair + fitting (it's a 10min job).

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Mirror-Co...irror+caps
Post 16 shows how to removal & fit them.

Thanks Doug. Will try to polish them out first but at least I know I can replace the cover if needs be...

Ali.
Get the new carbon mirror caps !!
(16-11-2012 03:01pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Get the new carbon mirror caps !!

Would love to see what they look like.......
(16-11-2012 01:21pm)alibeau Wrote: [ -> ]As the title says, I have scuffed my passenger wing mirror, first time ever for me Sad Must be the dumbo proportions that threw me Laughing

I don't know where I left my brain yesterday. There was a transit van parked half on the footpath, half in the road. I would usually wait until the oncoming traffic had passed and then proceed. For some reason I decided to go, luckily I was only going slow but my wing mirror clipped the wing mirror of the transit van. I pulled over and apologised/spoke to the guy who owned the van, he was not in the slightest bit bothered and sent me on my way!!!

On first inspection the mirror looked fine but this morning I had another look and there are three small scuff marks where I have taken the 'gloss' off but not the paint, so just three 'matt' marks.....

Any ideas on how I can put this right? Cheaply?

Hubby mentioned 'chips away' but the damage doesn't seem that severe to me?!?!

Any advice pls?

Thanks.

Ali.

Did the same - got some black T-Cut worked a treat.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's