babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Moving backwards to go forwards !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I'd share my journey, mainly for those dreaming of a RRE and thinking they are only for the lucky few.

5 years ago I went self employed & left the corporate world of company cars and generous expenses to the life of paying everything out of your own pocket & running your own business.

This meant a serious review of costs would be needed so it was goodbye to executive cars and hello Skoda, on the promise to myself that 5 years on a I would return to the executive toys.

I have just bid farewell to my 5 year skoda ( selling privately in advance of a poor trade- in value ) and am now the proud owner of a £500 02 plate Vectra ( complete with Privacy Glass rear windows, a radio that works occasionally & the loudest wipers in the world ) which will tide me over for the next 6 weeks before the arrival of my Dynamic.

Roll on Christmas, I think the step onwards and upwards will be quite a big one !
Really pleased for you Andy, and well done sir! I've been there myself. Surprised you went for privacy glass after the Vectra!
Yes, well done Andy! I'll be starting my 24th year of self employment on 2/12. Wink

I hope you enjoy your car as much as i have.
Thanks for the kind words, not much longer to wait now, I'm going to enjoy the drive every time I climb aboard.
(13-11-2012 05:57am)andyc747 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the kind words, not much longer to wait now, I'm going to enjoy the drive every time I climb aboard.

You can be sure of it... it is a lovely machine. Well done Andy Thumbs Up
Good luck, nice spec of car by way. Wink
Andy, the fact that you have made sacrifices and grafted over the years makes the car that bit sweeter!
Reference URL's