babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: TD4 missing from configurator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has the TD4 engine been discontinued? or is the lack of its choice on the website simply a glitch?
There's been talk they were dropping it, so guess they have as it's not there anymore, It's the ed4 option only... which is still 150hp.

See this Thread
Rumours...
Yep, definitely gone! I noticed last week, RIP Td4!
Nick@Landrover was looking into this as I asked her about this about two weeks ago.

No answer up to now.
TD4 is being dropped in both the Evoque & Freelander, my dealer told me this on Tuesday. Being dropped because he said the SD4 is as economical & more powerfull so pointless.
ED4 will remain.
(02-11-2012 11:10pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]TD4 is being dropped in both the Evoque & Freelander, my dealer told me this on Tuesday. Being dropped because he said the SD4 is as economical & more powerfull so pointless.
ED4 will remain.
Interesting, as I specced a Freelander auto tonight, and couldn't see the point of a SD4 given the price differential over the TD4 engine.
(02-11-2012 11:34pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, as I specced a Freelander auto tonight, and couldn't see the point of a SD4 given the price differential over the TD4 engine.

On the 2011 model if you specced up an SD4 you got colour coded bits as well as the extra power, not sure if that is the case with the 2013 model year though there maybe some other extra instead?

I like the 2013 model but they are being a bit OTT with the prices.
(03-11-2012 12:13am)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]On the 2011 model if you specced up an SD4 you got colour coded bits as well as the extra power, not sure if that is the case with the 2013 model year though there maybe some other extra instead?

I like the 2013 model but they are being a bit OTT with the prices.
Still not convinced about the extra power bit though. And cosmetically they both have single exhaust (FL2). From the posts on this site for RRE, it looks like TD4 has a superior mpg, but for the Freelander they have the same combined. Odd!
TD4 and SD4 Evoque have same official combined too...
It's a sneaky price hike. £31k and all you get is an extra exhaust.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's