babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Fixed Rattles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had an annoying rattle from the roof console area and a light tapping sound from the rear of the car when the road is bumpy, particularly when in a bend.
Roof consloe first. I removed the roof console and had a good feel around. To the left and right there are a couple of electrical modules glued to the roof lining and not too securely. I cut a couple of pieces of foam and lightly wedged these between the module and the roof. No more rattles Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
The rear tapping sound. This turned out to be the rear seatbelt buckles. They rest against a hard plastic panel to the side of the seat back and metal buckle was tapping the plastic on rough roads. I have made a couple of thin black faom pads and glued them to the plastic panel. No more tapping Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Not to find out why my drivers seat back creaks when it is very cold Rolling Eyes
speary, any tips on how to remove the roof console without breaking anything?
I've been driving round with the rear seat belts plugged in to avoid them being a source of rattle while investigating mine. Although mine is surely to do with the rear passenger window when up, as just a small amount of release of the window and the rattle stops.
(02-11-2012 12:13pm)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]speary, any tips on how to remove the roof console without breaking anything?

I used a small clean screwdriver. Insert it at the rear edge left corner an clever out gently. Do the same on the right corner until you can pull it down. Disconnect the wiring plug and there you go. Ideally you would use a plastic Trim tool but I don't have one
Reference URL's