babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hazard Warning Lights ! Wheres the fuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi can anyone point me in the right direction, ive just bought the car and want to fit my Blackvue camera, but i cant find the hazard warning lights fuseConfused
Owners manual p209 onwards - one in engine, one in glovebox and one in boot.

Quickly glanced at the table but didn't see which you should go to.
(05-10-2012 03:08pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Owners manual p209 onwards - one in engine, one in glovebox and one in boot.

Quickly glanced at the table but didn't see which you should go to.

I've looked and looked for hazard fuse but i cant see it, maybe I'm looking straight past it, but have looked again just now ConfusedConfused
Hmm, that's the issue I had when I looked for you
Some ECU outputs now have thermal protection fuses, that is the ECU will trip and turn them off safely, you need to turn off the car to reset the trip (it needs to cool also but this is quick)

This is the case with the USB ports, as my RR Evoque branded stick is cleverly made of metal that shorts out the USB if you insert it the wrong way round Rolling Eyes, I had the fuse box out searching only to find a reset of the car was all that was required...

Sure you've probably tried it already but might help...
Why do you need the hazard warning light fuse for your recording camera?
Oh yeah missed that bit, why would you wire something to the hazard warning light circuit?
(05-10-2012 07:26pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah missed that bit, why would you wire something to the hazard warning light circuit?

The blackvue instructions say its to have a always on feed and suggest the hazard light fuse.
Ah so you want a permanent supply, there has been some threads on this before you might be able to find. I would think all the fuse boxes will have this available in some form, so pick the box most suited to the camera wiring location.
(05-10-2012 11:36pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Ah so you want a permanent supply, there has been some threads on this before you might be able to find. I would think all the fuse boxes will have this available in some form, so pick the box most suited to the camera wiring location.

Yep as the camera is also motion activated in parked up mode. I.e if some one was to walk up your drive it would record for whatever minutes you set it to, so can't be on a circuit that shuts off to power save etc, easiest solution states hazard lights. So I need to source what power(fused) circuit does stay on no matter what, battery's an option but wiring goes down the windscreen pillar and resides in the glove compartment area. Fuse box there is my best option.Wink

The camera has 2 lives, one to connect when ignitions on for driving mode and one to activate parking mode when ignitions off, make sense?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's