babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: removing seat backs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone removed the plastic seat back off the front seats.need to get wires down the backs for dvd headrests.tried poking a wire down the post holes but it not coming though the bottom as its to tight.don't want to brake clips on the plastic backs. is there a knack of remiving them.?
Looks like there are 4 torx screws holding the seat back on from the diagram. I'm not sure where they are though... hope this helps
Sent a pm to Pete at bells hope he can help.
No replies from Pete any idea how to get these plastic seat backs off.would like to do these today.Smile
Looking at the picture, I think there will be torx screws as WB says and you then push the seat back down.
Just can't see where the Tory screw are though to take them out.will have another look later off for by first real drive in the car Smile
Had a look a the back of my seats today. Looks like the screws are behind the net trim.
I didn't want to remove all of the trim as the clips where very tight & looked like they would have broke off.
But this "U" shaped trim holding the net in place should be your answer.
Thanks you doug will check that out tomorrow.Smile
(21-09-2012 10:23am)Barton Evoque Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone removed the plastic seat back off the front seats.need to get wires down the backs for dvd headrests.tried poking a wire down the post holes but it not coming though the bottom as its to tight.don't want to brake clips on the plastic backs. is there a knack of remiving them.?

Hi,
What headrests are you fitting please?
They are ones I removed from my old jaguar x-type about 5 years ago.just happens they are the perfect match leather wise otherwise I would use iPads on mounts. Just need to get one wire down the post holes to install and it job done.
I do know the Rosen av7900 are made for the Evoque.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's