babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Puddle Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There was a thread about puddle light not coming on when you open the door from the inside.
I also thought this was a fault, but I now think its designed that way.
When you approach the car from the outside, the light comes on and illuminates the ground beside the door where you will put your feet, thus enabling you to see puddles, dog poo etc. If you are in the car, there is no point in the light coming on because as you open the door the light moves forward with the mirror and doesnt illuminate the spot where you want to put your feet, so it doesnt come on. simples!!!!!!!!Wink
Actually my puddle lamps turn on when I open the door from the inside!
Shocked
Dw it was a simpler shock when I found out our remotes can't globally close all the windows but other countries can
(21-09-2012 08:29am)speary Wrote: [ -> ]There was a thread about puddle light not coming on when you open the door from the inside.
I also thought this was a fault, but I now think its designed that way.
When you approach the car from the outside, the light comes on and illuminates the ground beside the door where you will put your feet, thus enabling you to see puddles, dog poo etc. If you are in the car, there is no point in the light coming on because as you open the door the light moves forward with the mirror and doesnt illuminate the spot where you want to put your feet, so it doesnt come on. simples!!!!!!!!Wink
Simples indeed a good feature when approaching car from outside but on exit it would be nice to have a light at bottom of door to avoid dog poo on exit, also cars of this niche have a red light on door to warn on comers of a open door not even a reflector here. The Freelander has it I just wonder if this an oversight. However the cars fab
mine come on - it's just that as the light is in the wing mirror it moves away as you open the door.
Mk1 eyeball springs to mind when parking Smile
If I recall correctly, the puddle lights come on when you get out of the car only when you have the headlights on (or at least in the manual on / off settings. I don't think they come on when you get out of the car if the lights are in automatic mode.
Didn't quite understand the logic on this, but someone else with xenon automatic lights may be able to confirm as the car's not with me.
(22-09-2012 06:23pm)abcya Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall correctly, the puddle lights come on when you get out of the car only when you have the headlights on (or at least in the manual on / off settings. I don't think they come on when you get out of the car if the lights are in automatic mode.
Didn't quite understand the logic on this, but someone else with xenon automatic lights may be able to confirm as the car's not with me.

I have my lights on auto, & yes the puddle lights come on, on exit.
Im confused now some do and some dont my prestige does not come on on exit. I wonder do the peoples whos cars do have keyless entry mine is non keyless entry.
In truth, they are a gimmick because they don't illuminate where you are going to put your feet when you get out of the car. Marginally more useful when you return to it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's