babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Black or Red?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi my deposit is down for a Pure for December delivery but I am now have second thoughts on Colour!

Originally I wanted Red but since watching several YouTube clips I am now leaning more towards the Black as I think I looks sporty with the privacy glass.

I was going to match the Red with the Black interior but if I went Black what
Pure interior would suit best?

My spec is:-

Pure TD4 5dr
Privacy Glass
Panoramic Roof
Fog Lights
Xenons

Also on another issue does the standard Pure come with the trademark circle LED lighting or is this the 'signature led lighting' which is advertised on the xenon pack?
never buy a red car. you will get bored
Pure without xenons is a 'normal' light with a single led as the DLR
(29-07-2011 06:12am)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Pure without xenons is a 'normal' light with a single led as the DLR

Re or black please help!

When i first saw them in the flesh i loved the red one but it was a Dynamic with Black roof will the Pure look as good in Red?

I then love the look of the Black ones on YouTube espically with the privacy glass & the 20" alloys.

Also if i did go black do we think a Black interior would be too much black? The options on the Pure interior are not great so any opinions would be welcome
Hi Andy, it's a tough one to call. Colour is all about personal preference and on here if you mention you don't like a certain colour, world war 3 breaks out Laughing

I've gone for black just because I like it and I think it suits Range Rovers in general but then again nearly all RRs are black! I love Firenze in a dull light but not so keen in bright sunlight. Personal opinion again but I think privacy glass (which I have gone for mostly for the RSE) looks better on a black car rather than a colour. It doesn't stand out so much.

A black/black interior is nice too but I've gone for the element just to have that elegant all black exterior and cool and light interior. All this is personal choice of course Very Happy Are you near a dealer to look at some combinations? Some might have a Firenze Freelander.
OK bear in mind this is just my opinion and colour has to be one of the most personal and subjective choices you can make about a car ... so here is my thought process.

First thing to say it I would never normally consider a red car so the fact that I came down to the Red vs Black scenario shows how compelling Red is on this car. In the end it was a mixture of factors that made me choose Black.

1) was that I really wanted a light interior and to my mind light interiors look best with dark exteriors and as the majority of the time I would be inside my car so what I saw and touched whilst driving became the overriding consideration

2) For me a Red (with Black roof) Evoque would have meant a black interior so because of point 1 Red became second choice.

Another element in this decision was that the Red & black car would be so distinctive that every time you would go anywhere for the first 6 months to a year - it would cause a stir. Having had one of the first gen Mercedes SLK’s (another car with a lot of hype around it) coming back to find your car surrounded by a group of wide eyed enthusiasts is fine occasionally but when you can’t pop out for a loaf of bread without being engaged in a 20 mins conversation with some interested party ....it gets a bit wearing. The Firenze red cars WILL have that effect I have no doubt. Black will be much more stealth.... it will still get attention ..... the shape of the car is like no other and Black really reinforces the silhouette (especially with a Coupe & privacy glass) but it will be nowhere near the extent of a Red car in my view.
Thanks for the tips very helpful!

I totally understand its personal preference so i just posted this thread to get opinoins from people.

The Red did look good at the Evoque live but as i mentioned it was a dynamic with black roof which is out of my price range! I am not sure if the Pure would look as great in the Red?

I have always liked Black think it makes them look classy & sporty but maybe not as striking as the Red?

With the Pure you only get a choice of 3 interiors Black/A silvery coloured one or coffee brown colour so when you mention the lighter interior do you mean the light silver one?
(29-07-2011 10:19pm)andyuk Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tips very helpful!

I totally understand its personal preference so i just posted this thread to get opinoins from people.

The Red did look good at the Evoque live but as i mentioned it was a dynamic with black roof which is out of my price range! I am not sure if the Pure would look as great in the Red?

I have always liked Black think it makes them look classy & sporty but maybe not as striking as the Red?

With the Pure you only get a choice of 3 interiors Black/A silvery coloured one or coffee brown colour so when you mention the lighter interior do you mean the light silver one?
(29-07-2011 10:19pm)andyuk Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tips very helpful!

Have a look at this photo - it's a Prestige in Red, but should give you a much better idea of what the Pure will look like particularly since this one actually has a red roof as well.

[attachment=123]
Just seen a Firenze red RRS. Again, it looked fantastic!
I have a Pure 5 door on order with Tech Pack, Zenons, pano roof, dimming rear view mirror and fogs with the Cirrus internal finish, delivery for December.

I have chosen Firenze Red but would like to see what the Orkney and Black look like just in case.

I am looking forward to the test drive in Cardiff on the 17th August when hopefully they will have a range of colours to view. Any idea when the drop dead date would be to meet save change in position on production line?

Going on holiday on Tuesday but looking forward to the 17th with much the same anticipation.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's