babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Scare at diesel pump, flap won't open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I was going to have to call our friends at LRA to help me out this evening

Was in Lichfield this evening pulled into a nice clean fuel station, had to wait for couple of minutes for a space, 30 miles to go before I had to push the car after the engine ran out of fuel.

Jumped out went to open the fuel flap, thought I was going mad as it wouldn't open, locked the car, opened the car, still locked, man in shop window looking strangely at me, flap still locked. Had a quick look in the boot to see if there was a manual emergency lever or something similar, no.

Had an impatient teenager in the car who wanted his tea so decided just to carry on home the last 10 miles and then face the problem.

After pressing and messing I have eventually got it open, but its not right and it wont lock, will call my good friends at guy salmon in the morning to get it checked out.

Raised a question in my head now, has it ever locked when the car was locked, I have never checked before, have read the manual tonight to see if I was doing something wrong. Always double lock when locking, I guess this is right.

Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else as it is quite embarrassing and exciting especially if your out in the wilds of the west midlands !!

Will keep you all posted, hope it's a simple fix
Reference URL's