babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Custom rear number plate bracket (get rid of the blob)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whilst waiting patiently for my Dynamic I have been looking for options to replace the unsightly 'Blob' fitted to Australian market evoques. In Australia a lot of new upmarket vehicles come with either 'slimline' or 'Euro' style plates. Both of these sizes of plates do not fit the Blob at all, and as I have seen with almost all Range Rovers around here, look crap.

http://WWW.lakinplates.com.au

are a local tasmanian company that makes custom and off the shelf plate brackets to fit all sizes of plates, and they mount in the original blob rivets. The finish is really good, it is a solid bit of gear and you can order for an extra few bucks some really neat tiny little torx screws to secure plates. In Melbourne there is currently a major problem with crooks stealing plates to put on cars and do "petrol drive offs" where they fill up with fuel and drive-off and the CCTV cameras of course get the wrong plates on camera.

For installation, I guess (I haven't got my car yet) all i have to do is drill out the original rivets carefully, turf the blob, and install plate bracket using the two little screws supplied. They have a rubber and stainless tube around them, and as you screw it up, it increases the diameter of the sleeve, kind of the same way a dyna-bolt works.

any way I thought someone might be interested, I have taken a photo showing the front and the rear mounting screw thingos.
I think they are about $100 Au
[attachment=2661][attachment=2662]

Otherwise it will look like this.....

[attachment=2663]
i removed my black blob (mine is a us version) leaving me with 2 holes. as with euro models where the holes have this black round sticker covering them, i put them on mine and used double sided tape for my plates.
Reference URL's