babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everyone! I'm not an Evoque owner yet, but I think I'm going to order one in December through the US military sales program, so it's ready for me at the end of May when I'm back from my deployment. I'm still deciding between the swanky tan interior of the Prestige and the AD of the Dynamic. After a short test drive, I'm leaning towards the latter (but no decision yet!) As far as colors go, I think the Orkney Grey w/ black top is sporty and classic, but the Colima Lime w/ black top really stands out. Unfortunately, I took my wife by the local dealership to see the Lime, and she said it's a no-go. Did anyone buy Lime and regret it later?

Lachlan
(27-08-2012 02:52am)Lachlan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everyone! I'm not an Evoque owner yet, but I think I'm going to order one in December through the US military sales program, so it's ready for me at the end of May when I'm back from my deployment. I'm still deciding between the swanky tan interior of the Prestige and the AD of the Dynamic. After a short test drive, I'm leaning towards the latter (but no decision yet!) As far as colors go, I think the Orkney Grey w/ black top is sporty and classic, but the Colima Lime w/ black top really stands out. Unfortunately, I took my wife by the local dealership to see the Lime, and she said it's a no-go. Did anyone buy Lime and regret it later?

Lachlan

Hey Lachlan,

We ordered ours through the US military sales program as well... haven't received it yet but supposed to in October. IMHO its all about what you and your family would prefer... sporty or luxurious? I saw somewhere where you can order a dynamic with the prestige interior now too if you wanted. We test drove a dynamic that had black and red interior, if we had no kids and wanted a sportier version that would be the way to go... couple weeks later, they had a pure with the premium pack and almond interior... we felt that we had SO much more space with the lighter interior and decided to go with that... I'm with your wife on the Lime though....
(28-08-2012 10:44am)AandM1228 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Lachlan,

We ordered ours through the US military sales program as well... haven't received it yet but supposed to in October. IMHO its all about what you and your family would prefer... sporty or luxurious? I saw somewhere where you can order a dynamic with the prestige interior now too if you wanted. We test drove a dynamic that had black and red interior, if we had no kids and wanted a sportier version that would be the way to go... couple weeks later, they had a pure with the premium pack and almond interior... we felt that we had SO much more space with the lighter interior and decided to go with that... I'm with your wife on the Lime though....

Thanks for the input. With four kids, this will never be the familymobile, as that role is permanently with the minivan. This one will be my daily to-work driver, as well as a contingency vehicle when I only need to take a couple of kids somewhere. And it will certainly do that better than the 8-series I just sold. I certainly prefer the lighter interiors, although full black is a classic and classy alternative.

Who did you work with for the US military sales program?
(28-08-2012 05:50pm)Lachlan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the input. With four kids, this will never be the familymobile, as that role is permanently with the minivan. This one will be my daily to-work driver, as well as a contingency vehicle when I only need to take a couple of kids somewhere. And it will certainly do that better than the 8-series I just sold. I certainly prefer the lighter interiors, although full black is a classic and classy alternative.

Who did you work with for the US military sales program?

Yeah, very understandable! Our black with black interior car that we have now is a nightmare to keep clean though.... Don't even want to talk about the crap we find under the booster seats when we move themSmile

The guy we are working with is here in the UK (where I currently live) his name is Leyton Nisbett and he's with Autovillage in between RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall.... His email is leyton@autovillagemilitarysales.com their website is http://www.volvomilitarysales.com. I have to say he is great.... Nothing like the sales people that we are used to working with in the states. When we started looking, we weren't sure if we would choose the Volvo XC60/90 or the LR4/Evoque. Through all the the test drives, millions of questions and comparisons against USAA's prices the military sales was definitely the way to go, not only because of the savings but the general overall experience.

(28-08-2012 07:53pm)AandM1228 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, very understandable! Our black with black interior car that we have now is a nightmare to keep clean though.... Don't even want to talk about the crap we find under the booster seats when we move themSmile

The guy we are working with is here in the UK (where I currently live) his name is Leyton Nisbett and he's with Autovillage in between RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall.... His email is leyton@autovillagemilitarysales.com their website is http://www.volvomilitarysales.com. I have to say he is great.... Nothing like the sales people that we are used to working with in the states. When we started looking, we weren't sure if we would choose the Volvo XC60/90 or the LR4/Evoque. Through all the the test drives, millions of questions and comparisons against USAA's prices the military sales was definitely the way to go, not only because of the savings but the general overall experience.

I meant to include this link as well... I know it's for the 2012 models but the price difference is minimal for the 13's...since we had ordered in May, we will actually got a 13 at the 12 prices...

http://www.autovillagemilitarysales.com/...evoque.pdf

Also, the link above takes you to the volvomilitarysales site... This one should take you the the LR site

http://www.autovillagemilitarysales.com/...index.html
(28-08-2012 07:53pm)AandM1228 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, very understandable! Our black with black interior car that we have now is a nightmare to keep clean though.... Don't even want to talk about the crap we find under the booster seats when we move themSmile

That's why I'm seriously considering biting the bullet and buying the RR seat covers!

thanks for the contact info. I actually found the contact info of Barry Flowerdew on the LR website, so I've been talking to him about it. I asked him about getting oxford leather in a dynamic, but he said the US models are set in stone with the same interior choices as before.
Would you mind asking you contact if he knows anyway to either get AD on a prestige or oxford leather on a dynamic through the US military sales program? Barry told me not possible, but I'm hoping for a second opinion. Thanks
Hi Lachlan, I've had my Colima Lime since last November and still love the colour! I also like the fact that I haven't seen any other one in the same colour on the road!
(29-08-2012 08:39pm)Lachlan Wrote: [ -> ]Would you mind asking you contact if he knows anyway to either get AD on a prestige or oxford leather on a dynamic through the US military sales program? Barry told me not possible, but I'm hoping for a second opinion. Thanks

Hi. Sorry, I've only just seen this but I actually know the answerSmile we were having the same issue.... I know it sounds weird but I actually prefer the "look" of the pure and prestige better than the dynamic so we were going to order with the adaptive dynamics and the answer was a no... Same with the magna ride, only available on the dynamic.
(14-09-2012 03:05pm)AandM1228 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Sorry, I've only just seen this but I actually know the answerSmile we were having the same issue.... I know it sounds weird but I actually prefer the "look" of the pure and prestige better than the dynamic so we were going to order with the adaptive dynamics and the answer was a no... Same with the magna ride, only available on the dynamic.

Yeah, I figured. But if you're stationed in the UK, can't you just get a UK spec prestige w/ AD and bring it home with you?
No... Importing a car to the US is a lot harder than I ever thought it would be... Apparently, the US has certain emission requirements which most cars from other countries apparently don't meet (don't ask me how b/c the UK seems much "greener" than the US and the diesel engines get way better mileage) also they said something about the glass?? On top of that, say our RRE costs $45,000 the same spec RRE for a UK version is also about £45,000 (pounds not dollars) break that currency exchange down at today's rates and it equals paying roughly $72,000

If you really want the dynamic with a different interior, wait and see if they add it to the US spec lines for 2014 models?? I think since they are now offering the different interior options here maybe they will see if there is any demand for it and if so, offer it to the US.

Good luck!
Reference URL's