babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: mats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was cleaning the car today and noticed that the front car mats are held in place by fixtures attached to the carpet, with corresponding holes in the mats. However, the rear mats aren't held in place, even though they have the holes.

Does anyone else have the fittings in the rear of the car?
The front ones were fitted for me but the rear ones I fitted myself. The screw type holders came with the mats.
HMM, I had the mats with the car, fitted already, so didn't get any holder supplied at all.
Go have a chat with your dealer I'm sure they could sort something out.
Are we saying that the rear mats should be fixed in place the same way as the fronts. My rear mats have the holes but not the hooks fixed to the carpet.
All my mats were/are fixed with these clips, I'm surprised to here that the rears on some are just sitting there.
Are the mats fitted at the factory or are they dealer fit? If dealer fit maybe they ran out of clips?.
I know that when i got mine I noticed that one of the rear mats was a bit loose, it turned out that one of the clips where it screws into the carpet was possibly over tightened so wasn't doing anything anymore, my dealer got some different clips ( with an offset on them ) but they had to order them in
My mats were fitted with clips in the front but loose in the back, with a pack of clips in the glovebox. I didn't look closely but didn't see any way to use the clips to attach the rear mats.
(19-08-2012 10:04pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]My mats were fitted with clips in the front but loose in the back, with a pack of clips in the glovebox. I didn't look closely but didn't see any way to use the clips to attach the rear mats.

If they're the same as mine, they just screw into the carpet
Mine came with the clips front and rear but the rears were not attached properly. For £105 I expect better than crappy plastic clips screwed int the carpet
(20-08-2012 12:04am)Nowaytk Wrote: [ -> ]If they're the same as mine, they just screw into the carpet

Yep had a look, and they are self tapping screw fitting into the carpet, although the mats aren't going to go anywhere so seems pointless, which I guess my dealer correctly decided also!

But to fit them the same way as the fronts have been done where the screw point is you'd have to lift the carpet away from the floorpan to be able to rotate the clips as they would hit the vertical section during rotation.

Speary it's pretty standard this method now for cars. Easy, Cheap, light.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's