babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Press Drive Day Article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nice article on the Press Drive Day along with photos.
http://www.crankandpiston.com/201111645/...s-uk-pt-1/
Good read that.
As ever Berlin great find. You certainly hunt them out! Look forward to part two
Nice find Berlin. I wonder what this meant though:-

'and happily we were good to go, unlike later on during the drive!'

I hope part 2 doesn't have a story about their car breaking down Shocked
Great read! I wonder if my driving day will be anything similar.
Wonderful read indeed!
Great find Berlin and a good read and pictures.

Another Dynamic with downsized 19" wheels. Is it now generally accepted that LR think that 19" wheels are the best compromise between looks and on road comfort/off road ability?
(26-07-2011 03:36pm)brommy Wrote: [ -> ]Great find Berlin and a good read and pictures.

Another Dynamic with downsized 19" wheels. Is it now generally accepted that LR think that 19" wheels are the best compromise between looks and on road comfort/off road ability?

Harry Metcalfe (Evo magazine founder and until recently editor) had the following to say

HM - Spent yesterday driving new Range Rover Evoque. 190bhp SD4 pick of the range. 8secs to 60, 30+mpg, 500mile range & big car feel. Pricy though

Question - ... did you have 19" or 20" wheels and or Adaptive Dampers?

HM - all press cars on 19", all you need to know.. Passive dampers good but unavailable on petrol Evoque in UK

That one line " all press cars on 19", all you need to know.." is quite a loaded statement methinks
(26-07-2011 04:02pm)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-07-2011 03:36pm)brommy Wrote: [ -> ]Great find Berlin and a good read and pictures.

Harry Metcalfe (Evo magazine founder and until recently editor) had the following to say

HM - Spent yesterday driving new Range Rover Evoque. 190bhp SD4 pick of the range. 8secs to 60, 30+mpg, 500mile range & big car feel. Pricy though

Question - ... did you have 19" or 20" wheels and or Adaptive Dampers?

HM - all press cars on 19", all you need to know.. Passive dampers good but unavailable on petrol Evoque in UK

That one line " all press cars on 19", all you need to know.." is quite a loaded statement methinks

Loaded statement - I agree.

Interesting statement about the dampers. I might start a thread.Idea
(26-07-2011 04:02pm)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]HM - all press cars on 19", all you need to know.. Passive dampers good but unavailable on petrol Evoque in UK

There's definitely a theme emerging... especially as a number of the photos show what appear to be UK spec Dynamics "downgraded" to 19" wheels.

It's a shame as I'm very keen on the styling of the 20" wheels but as I've lived with a BMW that has terrible ride due to low profile tyres I don't want a repeat of that experience.... I think it's going to have to be 19's for me.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's