babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: green mould
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all the damp weather green mould has appeared on the strip between the glass and the trim of the side windows. I've had this on many other cars, but wondered the best way to kill it or control it?
Moss/weed killer from a garden centre Very Happy

Only seen it on vehicles which have been parked up for some time or not regularly washed. But I can't believe this is the case with you Phil.

I would say use a strong mix of water/shampoo & use a paint brush to clean the area. But the black gloss trim WILL SCRATCH even with a soft brush. So if you don't have a snow gun, mix up some shampoo in a old spray bottle & cover the area for 5mins. Rinsing off with a pressure washer.

As for stopping the mould in the first place. If you keep your car outside, try parking in the sun to dry out any water trapped around the seal. But with this damp summer we are having it could be a excuse to wash your car more often Smile
Thanks Doug, Yes I think i've been taking care not to scratch the black trim and so not been getting into that bit when cleaning, it's the felt that rubs across the glass as it lowers, just a thin strip, and with this constant damp weather it's never getting dry. A small brush should clean it which i'll try when I snow foam this week!
When I've cleaned the car, I lower the windows all the way down, then get a firm toothbrush and use that to clean it off, I only use warm water.
Reference URL's