babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Boot space - where is it?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, I know there have been numerous threads on this. I have delayed and delayed my decision, and now with the MY13 changes in trim I might make the plunge (especially with baby on the way), but... where is the boot space? Laughing

This is my short list so far:
Audi Q3 RS (boot 460 ltr)
Audi S Q5 (boot 540 ltr)
Evoque (boot 575 ltr)

Now, Mrs Marky's calibrated eye says that the Q5 boot is 'bigger' and I have to admit it does look bigger. In fact the Evoques looks tiny, and every single picture I have found has golf clubs in?! Why arent there any pictures with a buggy/pram in? In fact can anyone post a picture of all their baby paraphernalia and a weekly shop?!

That said, theoretical boot space aside, both the Audi's are ~300hp, so I am inclined to lean towards these at the moment (and both over 30 mpg).

Any help much appreciated. Also would like to know what the 'wear and tear' is like in the cabin with kids etc..
The RRE boot is quite small if you want to avoid lowering the rear seat back rests and keep everything under the luggage cover. There's no way a baby buggy will fit in that basic space.
You can fit a pram in fine - you just won't get much else in!
We have done a family trip away with two little ones under 4 and just about managed it but it required some 'strategic' packing.
(05-08-2012 12:40pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]The RRE boot is quite small if you want to avoid lowering the rear seat back rests and keep everything under the luggage cover. There's no way a baby buggy will fit in that basic space.

That's not entirely true. We could fit a large stroller (the ones part of a set) in the boot with a little place to spare. Recently we bought a Maclaren Globetrotter and we fit this one in the boot together with 2 baggages of about 50L each and we have still some space for a few small plastic bags. All this without lowering the seats and with the lid installed.

The boot could be a bit bigger but so far we have had no problems.
(05-08-2012 09:53am)marky9074 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I know there have been numerous threads on this. I have delayed and delayed my decision, and now with the MY13 changes in trim I might make the plunge (especially with baby on the way), but... where is the boot space? Laughing

This is my short list so far:
Audi Q3 RS (boot 460 ltr)
Audi S Q5 (boot 540 ltr)
Evoque (boot 575 ltr)

Now, Mrs Marky's calibrated eye says that the Q5 boot is 'bigger' and I have to admit it does look bigger. In fact the Evoques looks tiny, and every single picture I have found has golf clubs in?! Why arent there any pictures with a buggy/pram in? In fact can anyone post a picture of all their baby paraphernalia and a weekly shop?!

That said, theoretical boot space aside, both the Audi's are ~300hp, so I am inclined to lean towards these at the moment (and both over 30 mpg).

Any help much appreciated. Also would like to know what the 'wear and tear' is like in the cabin with kids etc..

The q3 and q5 boot space is measures from the boot floor to the parcel shelf whereas the evoque is measured from the boot floor to ceiling. To the parcel shelf it is 420 ltr(you'll find that from trawling previous threads). The q3 boot size also depends on which spec you get. If you get an SE spec, it has a lowered boot floor and looks large, s-line the floor is in line with the boot lip, and seems smaller than the Evoques, but that's just my personal view, haven't measured it.
The q5's boot is much larger than the other 2, so practically wise, this is you're best option if you're just looking at luggage space. Looks wise, the Evoque wins hands down though IMHO
Yep, I've also had a medium/large sized collapsable buggy in the boot with a couple of medium sized holdalls and plenty on carrier bags.....
(05-08-2012 05:22pm)Craig_d1 Wrote: [ -> ]The q3 and q5 boot space is measures from the boot floor to the parcel shelf whereas the evoque is measured from the boot floor to ceiling. To the parcel shelf it is 420 ltr(you'll find that from trawling previous threads). The q3 boot size also depends on which spec you get. If you get an SE spec, it has a lowered boot floor and looks large, s-line the floor is in line with the boot lip, and seems smaller than the Evoques, but that's just my personal view, haven't measured it.
The q5's boot is much larger than the other 2, so practically wise, this is you're best option if you're just looking at luggage space. Looks wise, the Evoque wins hands down though IMHO

Ahhhh! I thought I had seen 420 somewhere yesterday, then when checking again today found 575! That makes a lot more sense! Thanks everyone for the replies.
IMHO avoid the RRE if you have a baby on the way. There will be many times when you'd regret having bought it and wished you'd purchased something with a larger capacity.

I love my Evoque, but do struggle at times with the small boot but can live with it. I think the fact that you are delaying your decison must say something.

On this, buy with your head not your heart...obviously imho.
The q5 is simply a bigger car all round.
Boot space was critical to me......new baby to fit in and all the gear.

We have a Jane matrix rider (excellent kit!) and the wheels fit in perfectly. Loads of room for changing bag and shopping etc. Not had an issue with boot space yet. I come from a Kuga, and thought the boot on the Evoque looked smaller but I don't think it is.

Q5 boot is deffo much bigger. Don't think Q3 boot is though. I was parked next to a Q3 at work the other day and it looked small next to the Evoque.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's