babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Ambient Lighting on Pure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone confirm that the Pure comes with Ambient Lighting (the multi-colour interior lighting that's to dim to see half the time)? I always thought it did, but looking at the LR web site just now it says the Pure features:

White Lighting in Door Release and Overhead Console Downlighter

Separate subtle white lighting sources add to the premium interior ambience of Range Rover Evoque. Light cascades from the Overhead Console Downlighter onto the area between the front seats, and also illuminates the door releases.

and makes no mention of the coloured illumination that it shows instead in the Prestige and Dynamic spec. And I don't think this is a MY13 thing as the web site doesn't seem to have been updated to reflect the MY13 changes yet.
My pure does have the ambient lighting which features a number of colours, this was a standard feature.
(04-08-2012 06:10pm)SINGHY Wrote: [ -> ]My pure does have the ambient lighting which features a number of colours, this was a standard feature.

Thanks, that's reassuring - hardly a deal breaker but I would have been a bit pi**ed off if I was expecting them and found I hadn't got them. Who knows, they might have even upgraded them on the MY13 so you can actually see them!
(04-08-2012 07:23pm)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that's reassuring - hardly a deal breaker but I would have been a bit pi**ed off if I was expecting them and found I hadn't got them. Who knows, they might have even upgraded them on the MY13 so you can actually see them!

Just dont get too excited, I have a mini with ambient lighting which is very effective, and simple to change using an easily accessed toggle lever switch. In contrast, that in the Evoque is really too dim to notice, and to change the colours you have to go exploring through the on screen menu system. But I didnt buy the Evoque for the ambient lighting, so its not a big gripe.
The rear of the center console has them , the door pulls has them .

But the submarine lights in the roof dont seem to change coluor in my car
its crap
Gw76, I think you are over selling it!
I think they got the ambient lighting about right - it makes the Evoques interior pretty special at night. If they were any brighter then there would be a risk of dangerous internal reflection and that wouldn't be good....
I wouldnt worry about ambient lighting, its crap any way, you can hardly see it, even in the dark.
On Black interior it's as good as invisible...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's