babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Poor Headlamps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've had my evoque pure now for 6 months and have covered 14,000 miles
It returns 38mpg and has been 100% reliable.
My only gripe is the poor non xenon headlamps.....has anyone carried out an HID upgrade?
I have changed the halogen bulbs they are an improvement. But they are not amazing

A hid from ebay should be about £50, hb4 bulb type .

Should be straight forward
I changed the halogens to Ring Xenonmax bulbs when I first got the car.
However, I hadn't driven the car at night until this weekend when I was amazed at the amount of oncoming motorists flashing at me.
Got home and took my wifes car and asked her to drive towards me in the RRE. The glare from the Ring bulbs is incredibly annoying. So much so I removed them immediately as I fear they may be illegal.
The xenonmax claim to be 100% brighter but are "E" marked & road legal. Did you try lowering the beam.
Auto Express tested a set In 2008 & only give them 2 out 5 points Sad there winning set in 2011 where by Philips, the 100% brighter X-Treme Vision
Yeah I'd go with Doug, have you checked your beam alignment, can often be wrong on new cars.
Set to 0 as directed by the handbook.
They do seem much too bright - I noticed that when I flicked from dipped to full beam the difference was minimal
Reference URL's