babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: My Evoque has been keyed - so angry !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guess I'm not suprised but some nasty bast**d has run a key all along the passenger side of the car
from the front wing to the rear wing all the way along !

Luckily, if you can call it that , I had the car detailed with CQUARTZ and it has added a layer of protection. I took it back
to the detailer who worked somed miracles and buffed a lot of it out but there are areas where he can't get rid of the
white scratches. I'm loathe to get a full re-spray done and I have heard of Land Rover supplying touch up paint ?.

Just wondering if this was true or if anyone else knows of a product to cover over scratches. My colour is Sumatra black. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Bsatards!

Have you upset somebody or is it just a random case of some jealous arsehole keying your car?
(04-08-2012 10:23am)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Bsatards!

Have you upset somebody or is it just a random case of some jealous arsehole keying your car?

Not sure ED, left it in a public car park in a 'nice' part of Dublin or so I thought, just goes to show.
Sometimes I despair.
I have touch up set for my Evoque, so the dealer should have a touch up set for your car. And really sorry to hear about the scratch on your car. Hate people who does that. Sad
A dude on a blog on an newspaper here in Norway recommended people who saw a SUV to scratch it with a key or similar item...
This happened to my new black bmw years ago, if i had caught them i would have battered them !

Jealous losers that will always be bottom feeders
Disgusting.

It happened to me on my MGF (3 days old), a good few years ago I never got it filled and resprayed, just waxed it when I washed the car (it never rusted etc).. I thought at the time, if I get it done, chances are it will happen again, it never did and I had a constant reminder for over 10 years of how sick people are!

If your detailer tried hs best, the groove is deep and needs filling.

If it happens on this RRE (i expect it will at some point), I would have it repaired, I would enquire about prices other than from JLR, as the exact colour of paint can be bought. (It is not manufactured by JLR) then decide.

My daughter had a fantastic paint job on her clio door by a local sprayer, brilliant job (door and front wing £500 cash),
you would never guess which side.

A transit van SMITHS BUILDERS shot up the road and took my wing mirror off the other day, ripped off the complete thing, my dad put it all together and it works perfectly, but I now have a huge chip out of the black section between front and rear windows. I will not go another 10 years thinking of what a complete ****** he was.

The only consolation is that he took off his his mirror too (now in a skip), and proved he is an idiot amateur driver, seeing as though a much larger width truck passed by perfectly.
(04-08-2012 10:42am)Inges Wrote: [ -> ]A dude on a blog on an newspaper here in Norway recommended people who saw a SUV to scratch it with a key or similar item...
Did I read that correctly? ShockedShockedShocked
Have you got a link?
That really sucks man. Some people just don't deserve to breathe the air around them. If it helps you any this is what I did to fix the side of my car when I got keyed. They tagged me from the rear drivers side all the way up the front.

http://highperformancejunkies.com/how-to...scratches/

If you just take your time, you'll be able to fix it up pretty damn good. I have two more spots on my car left to touch up, besides that, as it is right now when people come over and I tell them I've been keyed, they can't tell until we are ontop of the car and I point it out.

From more than 4 feet away from my car you can't tell it is even scratched at all doesn't matter how hard you look.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll try and help ya the best I can.
What a bast**d.
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's