babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: First Official Pics from Press Drive Days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice... and LR/RR finally released an official pic of the car in Orkney Grey

http://interactiveevoque.me/2011/07/24/r...and-drive/
(24-07-2011 11:34am)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice... and LR/RR finally released an official pic of the car in Orkney Grey

http://interactiveevoque.me/2011/07/24/r...and-drive/

Great pics. I wonder why all the cars have 19" wheels.
(24-07-2011 11:57am)Robbo Wrote: [ -> ]Great pics I wonder all the cars have 19" wheels,

I was wondering about that too.... perhaps because these driving days involve a ton of off road stuff? But still makes me wonder about my 20" wheels
(24-07-2011 12:00pm)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2011 11:57am)Robbo Wrote: [ -> ]Great pics I wonder all the cars have 19" wheels,

I was wondering about that too.... perhaps because these driving days involve a ton of off road stuff? But still makes me wonder about my 20" wheels

Interestingly all the magazine tests and top gear have used 19" as well. I have ordered 19" wheels for my car and I am beginning to think it was the right choice.
(24-07-2011 12:08pm)Robbo Wrote: [ -> ]Interestingly all the magazine tests and top gear have used 19" as well. I have ordered 19" wheels for my car and I am beginning to think it was the right choice.

Hate to agree but it may well be the better choice. I've exactly one week to change my mind on this one - Order change date is 1 Aug.

Hoping that the 'reviews' from these Press driving days are going to flood the web in the next few days and that there will be some comments on 19" vs 20" - but seeing as they only had the 19" to test that may be wishful thinking.
only 19" wheels are used for off-road, 20" wheels are not suitable for off-road
Having re-read the first article in the TopGear magazine I now realise the pictures we saw (in Spotted) were for TG magazine not the TV show..... anyhow as these pictures clearly show they did use a Dynamic with 20" wheels to do the "can we get to the top of the mountain" article so all the positive comments about ride and handling on and off road can be attributed to a car with 20" wheels (& AD).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...8845605044

Just in case you miss it first time round.........
(24-07-2011 12:18pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]...all the positive comments about ride and handling on and off road can be attributed to a car with 20" wheels (& AD).

Yes, i agree - for the really rocky stuff 19" would be better but if you are meandering up and down grassy hills I can't see it making much of a difference
all international test drive using 19" wheels
(24-07-2011 12:22pm)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]but if you are meandering up and down grassy hills I can't see it making much of a difference

I must say I thought the "off road" press sections looked a bit tame but the tunnel and the underwater road were a stroke of genius.... well done LR & Liverpool.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's