babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Auto lights.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed on a few occasions now that the headlights have been coming on in what I would consider reasonably good light.

Does anyone know if there is a manual sensitivity setting which you can set yourself to put the lights on in darker lighting conditions?
(02-08-2012 08:36pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed on a few occasions now that the headlights have been coming on in what I would consider reasonably good light.

Does anyone know if there is a manual sensitivity setting which you can set yourself to put the lights on in darker lighting conditions?

I have not found one yet, but my lights seemed also random sometimes
It is one of the features on our software request list, being able to adjust the light sensitivity level.

Currently I never use auto, I manually turn them to sides in dull light and headlights when darker as with any normal car, as auto has the headlights on in far too light conditions, I had them come on in the shadow of a built up area as I was passing someone in a small gap and they thought I was flashing them, havent used them since!
Cheers Phil, I knew this had been talked about before but thought it was in connection with the screen and instrument panel intensity, I guess they are linked.
There seems to be a seperate light control for the dash lights and display as that goes bright and dim while the lights are on can be disconcerting as you see something change in your peripheral vision but it's just the dash dimmer which can alternate between the shadow of trees!.
(02-08-2012 08:36pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed on a few occasions now that the headlights have been coming on in what I would consider reasonably good light.

The Freelander 2 I had did the same thing = irritating.
Guys I had this on my D3 and I love it. There is nothing wrong with your lights coming on, it's a good safety feature. You'll find that the lights will turn on if you've got your back to bright sunlight for example, makes it easier for those oncoming to see you. Leave it on auto and let it do it's job.
I don't like it either, I manually turn them on and off.
(03-08-2012 10:25am)Stadt Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Guys I had this on my D3 and I love it. There is nothing wrong with your lights coming on, it's a good safety feature. You'll find that the lights will turn on if you've got your back to bright sunlight for example, makes it easier for those oncoming to see you. Leave it on auto and let it do it's job.
Plus 1 on this. Rather have them on more often than not.
Reference URL's