babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: v power diesel fuel , evoque appears to like it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ran a tank of v power diesel through the car. The performance increase was noticeable , the pick up from 70 mph was easy to notice. The economy increase was 3 mpg.

I refilled the car with regular diesel for the next tank , the economy dropped back to same as ever and the car felt slower.

Has anybody else tried the higher performance fuels ?
Got to say I also noticed this recently, was going to test again when the tank is empty and have a long continues drive. With v power I did notice the pickup was a lot more responsive.
I used to use Shell Vpower Petrol in my prevoius car and understood how that increased performance because of the higher octane rating.
How does this work with V Power diesel ?
(06-08-2012 01:30pm)speary Wrote: [ -> ]I used to use Shell Vpower Petrol in my prevoius car and understood how that increased performance because of the higher octane rating.
How does this work with V Power diesel ?

Higher cetane content
I read somewhere that it is not wholly produced from crude, but also partially from something else which makes it cleaner.
Any increased mpg could therefore be down to the DPF regenerating less often?
Reference URL's