babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Been in an Evoque!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well guys,

I had my first spin in an Evoque today.

I was fortunate enough to get myself into one of the back up cars for the Evoque launch in Liverpool.

Got to say it was lovely. I really want one now.

I've got a few photos if anyone wants to see?
Yes please Stu, fire away.
Cool for you!

Show us the photos please.
(22-07-2011 11:30pm)Daigriff Wrote: [ -> ]Yes please Stu, fire away.

Yes and please tell me more about Liverpool!! Are the cars available for the general public to view??

Thanks.

Ali.
Yes pics please
(22-07-2011 11:13pm)Stu Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a few photos if anyone wants to see?

You sound like Clarkson on Top Gear - "Who wants to see the lap?" Does anyone shout "No!"? Rolling Eyes

Smile
At the side of the road
[Image: normal_Photo%2022-07-2011%2012%2039%2024...HDR%29.jpg]

Richard driving
[Image: normal_Photo%2022-07-2011%2012%2024%2036...HDR%29.jpg]

Dash

[Image: normal_Photo%2022-07-2011%2012%2024%2043.jpg]

Part of Liverpool Albert dock has had a submerged road built in it and is being used for the press to drive across. I believe (don't quote me) that the public will get the option to be driven across for a donation to chairity.

[Image: normal_Photo%2022-07-2011%2013%2035%2033...HDR%29.jpg]

[Image: normal_Photo%2022-07-2011%2012%2021%2032.jpg]

The basic plan is that the press fly into a central hub in Europe and are then transferred to RAF Valley on Anglesea. They then have a day in North Wales off roading, then the following day they drive to Liverpool and drive through a tunnel that goes under the city. I went through that in a D4 and it was stunning when you consider that until a week ago a car had never been through it, it is the oldest tunnel under a city. I thought it was a railway tunnel but it even pre-dates railways. Anyway part of the tunnel is flooded and it must give the press an amazing experience. After the tunnel and submerged road the press get drive in FFRR to Chester airport where they get the plane back to the central hub. I've got some photos of the tunnel, but as I said these are in a D4 so I'm not sure you lot want to see them?
Is the thing at Albert Dock on today?!
I dont honestly know but I think it might be. It will be there for about the next three weeks, but I'm not sure when they will be there, the main focus is on the press so it depends on that.
Reference URL's