babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque Coupe Rival?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A 3 door version of the Mini Countryman will be produced from next year. To my eyes it looks a lot better than the 5 door (not hard) but as I've mentioned I speced up a Countryman to Evoque Pure spec .... in Diesel Auto form and it came in at £30k - and I would imagine this will be even more expensive. One thing it has going for it .... it has pillarless doors which I rather like ... oh and TLC

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoex...eaked.html
Interesting but definitely not the car for me! Spending £30k on a mini makes £35k for a Range Rover, albeit a 'small' RR, look like a bargain.
Agree - and given that the only mini I would ever buy would be a classic mini - £30k is one hell of a rip off!
And it's a 'No thank you' from me too.
I have now looked at the images and read the Auto Express report, including their statement about it being an Evoque rival. Shocked I have not yet seen an Evoque close up, but if it's just a 'jacked-up Mini', I won't be ordering one. From all the videos and pictures I've seen I have high hopes that it isn't! Wink
to be honest i looked at a mini countryman before placing my order. I was was put off by a couple of things, firstly specing one to my taste came to £32k, not great VFM, secondly there are some nasty stories about build quality on some minis, and thirdly the boot was small to fit a pram and a couple of bags.

so not for me, plus I wanted a RR badge on my bonnet!
Sorry, but the Mini Countryman looks like SCensoredt.
I saw a 5 door in the metal and was almost sick. The three door doesn't look much better.
It's one ugly critter. No comparison to the Evoque IMO.
(22-07-2011 09:29pm)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but the Mini Countryman looks like SCensoredt.
I saw a 5 door in the metal and was almost sick. The three door doesn't look much better.
It's one ugly critter. No comparison to the Evoque IMO.

Whilst I agree with your opinion, looks are subjective and I would still respect anyone who said they preferred the looks of the Mini over the Evoque (even though they are wrong Wink).

I still don't understand why Auto Express chose to link the two cars in the same report.Confused

Idea

Unless they are riding the current Evoque bandwagon. Rolling Eyes
Reference URL's