babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Any advice for cleaning style 5 wheels?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So whilst my pressure washer is waiting to be fixed I've had to clean the wheels by hand and hose. I've got a toothbrush and valet pro detailing brush and still struggling to get in the narrow spokes properly. Can anyone recommend another wheel cleaning tool that can get right in the thin gap?

Starting to wish we'd specced different wheels as they're such a pig to clean...
Wheel woolies £39 for a set of three different size woolies.
Not cheap, but will last for years & will be the only wheel brush you will ever need.
I'll be giving them a go. It'll be needing the smallest brush though as the gaps at their narrowest are about an index finger's[/align]width only. I like the idea that they have no metal.
I've been using a small microfibre cloth mitt that slides between the thin spokes (without hand in) just a microfibre cloth would probably do but hard not to drop some on the ground, ive dedicated it for that purpose and washed out each time. Considering the wheel wollies so if you get them please let us know how well they fit the style 5's spokes.
(21-07-2012 11:32pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Wheel woolies £39 for a set of three different size woolies.
Not cheap, but will last for years & will be the only wheel brush you will ever need.

Thanks for the tip. I had toyed with getting these previously but i'm struggling to justify £40 for three glorified toilet brushes! I only really need the smallest one so may try and get that on its own.
(21-07-2012 11:32pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Wheel woolies £39 for a set of three different size woolies.

+1, best piece of detailing kit I have bought.
best product i've used so far - the meguiars wheel brightener - http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/megui...itres.aspx

so effective that i don't even have to agitate it with a brush. just dilute it, spray it on and leave for 30 secs, spray off.
Yes, get the wheel woolies, had a set delivered this week, also they are good on the front grill.
Where do you get the wheel woollies from then?
I recommend an EZ Detail brush. This fits between the narrow spokes, but also cleans between the wide spokes, and even behind the spokes, all in one easy operation. They aren't the cheapest of this general type of brush (about £15) but they have bristles which manage to be both 'tender' and yet resilient enough to always recover to their original position time after time. The whole wheel takes less than a minute.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's