babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Passed the factory yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Passed the factory yesterday. First thing to say there were no cars in the external holding area. There were 2 US cars ( had US number plate holders) versions in White being put on the train ... not what I expected at all. Maybe I had missed a shipment or something. What I did see were 4 cars by the fence (a very lattice fence so photos were useless) Luckily for me the cars had been through some very intensive QC and had check lists on the back detailing exactly what they were which was quite handy. Firstly – the first car was Sumatra Black Prestige. As that is what I’ve gone for I was very pleased to see it in the flesh. To be honest it was a cloudy day and the clouds were a bit pinky and at first I thought it was Barolo. Anyone wanting a Black will not be disappointed with Sumatra – it looked very glossy and metallic. Next to it was an Impanema Prestige which looked great (and as someone has stated on this forum elsewhere light colours do make the car look bigger) It was a lot less gold than I thought it would be and again really suited the car. I must say at this point I’ve not seen a colour that doesn’t look good ..... it just depends whether you want to stand out in a crowd or not or as in my case the outside was sort of dictated by the inside. Next to that was a Red Prestige with black interior which again looked stunning and finally a Buckingham Blue. Now this was the point I was glad there was a sticker on the car because (under a cloudy UK sky) it looked Black.... only when you were up close could you see it was blue – just thought I would mention that its very dark blue- it might look a lot bluer in sunnier climes. Also the one other thing that struck me and I’m not sure if these were production wheels but I assume they were as all the Prestige’s were wearing them -the standard Prestige 19” - wheels (apart from the Black car which had the chrome 20”'s!) and parked up in daylight these wheels looked like chrome shadow – not normal light alloy wheel colour – now it could be that none of the wheels had been diamond turned (thats what it looked like) – but as someone who had considered going back to the standard Prestige wheels I’ve decided against it as I think rather bizarrely they looked a bit dull.
Cheers for all that info especially about the black, you and I have been chatting about it for ages. Can't wait to get it now Very Happy

Saw this one on a forum with NJ plates

http://www.rrevoqueforum.com/threads/saw.../#post-492
(21-07-2011 07:40pm)Charlie Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for all that info especially about the black, you and I have been chatting about it for ages. Can't wait to get it now Very Happy

Saw this one on a forum with NJ plates

http://www.rrevoqueforum.com/threads/saw.../#post-492

Great picture. Thank you.

Yes its been a long (but enjoyable) ride - I joined babyRR on the last day of 2010! .... so its only been 7 months but it feels a lot longer..... I can't believe the car will soon be here. I just hope I've specced up a nice one. I think half the problem is they all look fantastic so I can see merit in every version of car I see. Which doesn't really help.
Reference URL's