babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: EVOQUE BETTER THAN FFRR OFFICIAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In this weeks Auto Express the Evoque is finally pitched against the FFRR and according to the magazine it IS a better car and apparently the driving experience is much sharper which would mean on the road more enjoyable to drive.
The Evoque is also compared to the Audi A5 and also comes out on top. Auto Express says the Evoque is better all round. The interior may be slightly better quality but having driven the A5, in my opinion the interior is boring and just more Audi same old and no where as exciting and fresh as the Evoque's.
So all you people questioning whether to go ahead with your purchase of the Evoque I feel should wait and see they may be pleasantly surprised by the all round ability of the most exciting car on the market in years.
The Evoque has been much hyped and it has a lot to live up to but I think it might just do it.
I would wait for non UK review to make such a decision (that Evoque is better than A5 or BMW X3, Audi Q5 or Mercedes GLK)....
The two cars cannot be compared. They appeal to completely different markets. How anybody can say the 2.2 TD/SD or the petrol is better than the 4.4TDV8 or 5.0V8SC is beyond me.
(20-07-2011 12:14pm)Gorjan Wrote: [ -> ]I would wait for non UK review to make such a decision (that Evoque is better than A5 or BMW X3, Audi Q5 or Mercedes GLK)....

Why, do you think that the UK reports will be biased in some way? I don't blame you for thinking that, but generally speaking the UK press tend to lean towards the German marques, and if anything are very critical about anything from UK manufacturers. I'm fairly confident therefore that the Evoque is going to be a cracking car Very Happy
The evoque is a lovely car. I don't think it's right to compare the two - they're so different.
(20-07-2011 12:32pm)paulus599 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-07-2011 12:14pm)Gorjan Wrote: [ -> ]I would wait for non UK review to make such a decision (that Evoque is better than A5 or BMW X3, Audi Q5 or Mercedes GLK)....

Why, do you think that the UK reports will be biased in some way? I don't blame you for thinking that, but generally speaking the UK press tend to lean towards the German marques, and if anything are very critical about anything from UK manufacturers. I'm fairly confident therefore that the Evoque is going to be a cracking car Very Happy

If you say it to yourself enough times.. you'll soon believe it
The FFRR is a great car, but let's not forget it's 2800kg and uses a shell that was designed 10 years ago. They do update the oily bits and gadgets from time to time, but it's still an old, heavy design. It's never going to be as dynamic to drive as a recently designed lighter more sporty car.

It's like comparing apples and pears.
The FFRR is a slightly old fashioned relaxed cruiser. In this role it can't be beaten IMO.
Give me the Evoque with the 4.4 tdv8 any day!
(20-07-2011 01:34pm)evoqueboy Wrote: [ -> ]Give me the Evoque with the 4.4 tdv8 any day!

I'm betting a TDV6 is on the cards now that would be a World beater.
(20-07-2011 12:32pm)paulus599 Wrote: [ -> ]

I have got this impression when the Freelander 2 was going out. It was saod that it good interior, drive, etc. And when for example Conumer Reports tested it, it almost turned over, raising one wheel off the ground. Also when I saw the interior in real life I was quite dissapointed.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's