babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Number Plate Supplier - Beware of - Plates for Cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For my new baby I purchased what I thought would be the Rolls Royce of Number Plates from Platesforcars.co.uk I purchased the UK Legal Black Gel Resin version at a special offer price of £60.96 including P&P and fixing kit. They arrived within two days which was good but the front plate had the protective sheet peeling from one corner and in the middle of the plate it had some trapped offcut of black plastic under the clear protective layer making a bump in the protective clear layer.

I took macro photos of both faults and emailed it to them and asked them simply to advise, expecting a good response. Four days later I had heard nothing so I chased for an answer which was apparently waiting for their quality guy to look at the photos.

I couldn't understand why they didn't just send another front plate then we would all have been happy and I would have been writing this saying how wonderful their service was. But no they dragged it out until I got so frustrated I volunteered to send them back for credit only, they said fine and didn't try to save me as a customer.
Its almost as if I am trying to get an extra plate, what would I do with a spare front plate!?

I now have to send them back at my cost and time.

I would rather bin them and order more from someone else.

Beware if you want perfect plates.
60 quid for some plates?? are you mad? whats wrong with the ones you get for a tenner?
Just bought a personal plate and my dealer resupplied new plates today and fitted them all foc. I'll probably have to refit front plate though as they didn't make a great job. But, hey, they were free.
(10-07-2012 06:38pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]60 quid for some plates?? are you mad? whats wrong with the ones you get for a tenner?

Agree £60 is a lot but IF they had been ok they do look good and as it was a personal number C G11HAM and my wife's name is C GILHAM it looks very good though illegally spaced.

(10-07-2012 08:18pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]Just bought a personal plate and my dealer resupplied new plates today and fitted them all foc. I'll probably have to refit front plate though as they didn't make a great job. But, hey, they were free.

Yes but he wouldn't illegally space them!!
(10-07-2012 08:25pm)Kentboy Wrote: [ -> ]Agree £60 is a lot but IF they had been ok they do look good and as it was a personal number C G11HAM and my wife's name is C GILHAM it looks very good though illegally spaced.

Yes but he wouldn't illegally space them!!

I hate illegally spaced plates, firstly they look crap and chav, secondly you risk a ticket every time you drive the car and the dvla can take the plate off you for persistant misuse.

I see them as an open invitation to stop a car. This often means other offences get discovered all because of a number plate, but if people are daft enough to do it then thats their problem not mine.
(10-07-2012 08:44pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]I hate illegally spaced plates, firstly they look crap and chav, secondly you risk a ticket every time you drive the car and the dvla can take the plate off you for persistant misuse.

I see them as an open invitation to stop a car. This often means other offences get discovered all because of a number plate, but if people are daft enough to do it then thats their problem not mine.
Both my son and I have had them for years and never been pulled. But then we drive responsibly and the font is all legal. Lots of chavez around!

Then I guess could drive a beaten up Micra as it would do the job and wouldn't get noticed by anyone!
If you paid on credit card then make a claim via them.
(10-07-2012 08:54pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]If you paid on credit card then make a claim via them.

does the price not have to be over £100 to do this? (not sure, never had a credit card myself)
Not sure on this but worth him asking.
(10-07-2012 09:09pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure on this but worth him asking.

You know I can't be bothered......it's the poor customer service that gets me. I find the current economic climate very hard to earn a living and really go out of my way to give my customers value and make them feel wanted as they are wanted. This company obviously has no problem getting high margins and lots of them. So much so a few lost customers is of no concern.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's