babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Coat hook (lack of!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Collected a suit yesterday, and opened the rear door of the evoque to hang it up from a coat hook. Most cars have them, dont they? My mini does. My previous two FL2s did. But my Evoque doesnt (or was I man scanning and missing the obvious?). Has it been omitted on grounds of weight saving or cost cutting? Neither would be significant savings. Perhaps the only justification could be on grounds of safety, because a suit hanging in a rear window could obstruct rear visibility, when performing shoulder checks for lane changing on a motorway, for example?
Its a hidden hook, just press the small panel next to the rear door light (either rear door) and the hook will fold down, push it back up to latch it closed again.
Thanks Phil, really couldnt believe it had been overlooked.
A bit too small and fragile, but yeah it's there.
Hung 2 suits from one of them, didn't break, what more do you need?

Ok it is a little small, but then larger means more weight, better fixing required, which probably means higher roof line like the grab handles that have been left out too... Everythings a compromise.
(10-07-2012 11:40am)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Hung 2 suits from one of them, didn't break, what more do you need?

Ok it is a little small, but then larger means more weight, better fixing required, which probably means higher roof line like the grab handles that have been left out too... Everythings a compromise.

Yes, I know they won't break that easily. But I just don't feel comfortable hanging my girlfriend's very heavy uniform bag. She's a flight attendant, so she has to carry Thai traditional dress plus uniform and shoes!!

Don't get me wrong, I like it this way because my car would always look clean. I never hung anything heavier than my jacket on it.

Take a look at her MINI Uglyman's grab handle Crying

[Image: 41b385b4.jpg]
Uglyman Laughing hard but true
Depending how often you have to cart her stuff around, maybe one of those clip on headrest coat hanger/valet could serve occasional duty for you.
(11-07-2012 08:41am)TiTan Wrote: [ -> ]Depending how often you have to cart her stuff around, maybe one of those clip on headrest coat hanger/valet could serve occasional duty for you.

I'll never let her know that those clip on stuffs exist Laughing
How to pretend that I knew they were there all the time!! Still it was about the only thing about the car I've found to complain about
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's