babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Delayed :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now going into build tomorrow, didn't want a 'it's Friday, knock off early' car. Delivery pushed back a week too so now w/c 23rd July but still much better than the original October. Patience, patience me thinks Sad
I wouldn't worry about having a Friday car. Evoques are made round the clock, how would you feel if you knew your car was painted at 3 in the morning? In any case, every car will be made across shift changes.

It goes something like this: this morning's body pressings are made into a body shell this afternoon, the car is painted overnight and goes down the line tomorrow and out the door by tea-time.
I've been waiting since November yo..
(06-07-2012 03:51am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't worry about having a Friday car. Evoques are made round the clock, how would you feel if you knew your car was painted at 3 in the morning? In any case, every car will be made across shift changes.

It goes something like this: this morning's body pressings are made into a body shell this afternoon, the car is painted overnight and goes down the line tomorrow and out the door by tea-time.

Thanks for the re-assurance Mark, I wasn't if they were working weekends so it is just another day at work for the talented builders Smile. Let's hope she makes it today Smile
(06-07-2012 06:41am)ShiangHorng Wrote: [ -> ]I've been waiting since November yo..

Has your been built and now on the ship or still waiting for the build?
My 1st Evoque was a Friday car and lived up to the name! My second Evoque was also a Friday car and is perfect!
Vc, I recommend a factory tour, very reassuring and an eye opener, you also see the subtle difference between a steel bodied car to an aluminium bodied car.
(06-07-2012 06:58am)Vc Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the re-assurance Mark, I wasn't if they were working weekends so it is just another day at work for the talented builders Smile. Let's hope she makes it today Smile

Has your been built and now on the ship or still waiting for the build?

No idea. Everytime I call the salesperson says it's next month or the following month.Rolling Eyes
(07-07-2012 05:06am)ShiangHorng Wrote: [ -> ]No idea. Everytime I call the salesperson says it's next month or the following month.Rolling Eyes

I think I would be going in to pin down the sales person for answers.
Reference URL's