babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is this normal? An EPB issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I enjoy every moment with my Evoque for over two weeks now but I have one issue.

1. Start Engine
2. Slowly move forward
3. After about 100 yards, my foot can feel clearly something is scraping under the gas pedal. I also hear rattling noises for brief moment -- girick!! girick!!

My dealer said it's the Electric Parking Brake being released so I feel better but I wonder if this is noticeable to other people or mine is doing too much.

How about yours?
I sometimes hear like a small click when I drive off.

There is something of a suspension click topic here:
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-RR-Evoque...suspension

That might be it.
I have it sometimes, but not always, to be honest haven't given it much thought.

But from my experience EPB releases differently as I normally use it when standing on a traffic light, and when I drive off, nothing of that sort happens.
The EPB should act instantly as you pull away, not after 100 Yards. Try releasing the Handbrake manually before you pull off, then any noise wont be down to that, I generally do this as a matter of course unless pulling away up-hill, saves any unnecessary stress on the brakes, and keeps me in the habit of using the handbrake on older cars too.
EPB releases immediately on moving off, otherwise you wouldn't move. Doors locking perhaps??
ANT
(04-07-2012 10:22am)ant Wrote: [ -> ]EPB releases immediately on moving off, otherwise you wouldn't move. Doors locking perhaps??
ANT

its something that you feel coming from a gas pedal... I noticed that this mainly happens when I started the car in about 10-15 meters going on a slight downhill and accelerating....
Does sound right to me from my experience. I have never had that with mine. I would get the dealer to check it again
Could it be the GAC trying to control your descent? It's NOT HDC, this system prevents your car from plunging downhill upon foot brake release - although it's worth noting that the sound your car makes is somewhat similar to the sound of HDC working.

Owner's Handbook, page 97

"AUTOMATIC SYSTEMS

Gradient Acceleration Control (GAC) and Hill Start Assist are not active while HDC is operating.

GAC will limit vehicle acceleration on steep descents, allowing the driver to feel more in control of the vehicle."
Not had that problem, but on a number of occasions when starting up the car and selecting reverse, EPB just does not release so have to do it manually.
(05-07-2012 10:40pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Not had that problem, but on a number of occasions when starting up the car and selecting reverse, EPB just does not release so have to do it manually.

Driver's door closed? EPB won't release if the driver's door is not completely closed.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's