babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How many BRR Owners have had this happen.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know what it is about this car but it is a Magnet to Door Denters. I was parked up at my daughters school waiting for her to come out. I looked around the car park to find a suitable place. Always ensuring there is enough space either side of me. On this occasion, I had two free spaces either side of me. There were loads more spaces around the car park. I had been sitting in the car for around 5 minutes when a School Teacher drove onto the car park in a Ford POS and parked at the side of me Leaving around a two foot gap. I was facing outwards and she was facing inwards so her drivers door would be next to mine. Unbelievable! This woman with at least 5 dents in her door tried to get out of her car. I beeped my horn, started up the car and drove forwards and reversed back allowing her more room to get out. After showing her courtesy she looked at me with a face that would have given me detention in the old days. I just shook my head and had to laugh. This isn't the only time this has happened. You could park your BRR on the Moon and some prat will park next to you. So far escaped any dents but I know they are just waiting to happen. When that day arrives I'm going to go Ballistic. Rolling Eyes
I hate driving my car to shopping centres for the same reasons!
With you on that! I might even kill someone!!!
There are a lot of stupid people out there sadly. I took out the dent/scratch insurance for that reason. Haven t had to use it yet as I always park away from other cars. But am sure it will happen soon.
(03-07-2012 12:39pm)Daigriff Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of stupid people out there sadly. I took out the dent/scratch insurance for that reason. Haven t had to use it yet as I always park away from other cars. But am sure it will happen soon.

Dent Scratch insurance sounds useful.....how/where does that work?
(03-07-2012 06:30pm)Kentboy Wrote: [ -> ]Dent Scratch insurance sounds useful.....how/where does that work?

You pay for a policy and they ensure that every time you park (far away from everyone in a car park), when you return some @&?! has parked next to you and scratched/dented it! Laughing
That's why I always park like this... there are too many careless suckers out there

[Image: 57edb352.jpg]
[Image: 292eb818.jpg]
[Image: 106b7d2a.jpg]
[Image: 2ad791d8.jpg]
[Image: 3835f559.jpg]
[Image: 19c15295.jpg]
[Image: c8d32c0c.jpg]
They are very wide cars and in the UK particularly, our public car parks only have small spaces - designed for 80's cars presumably. So its always a tight fit. We've got a ding already but thankfully it isn't very noticable.

It'll always happen - our Fiesta (which we bought brand new 3 years ago) got a very noticable chip within the first year. I had it resprayed and a month later, we got another one. I gave up!

So many people just don't care about other peoples stuff. We tend to go for end spaces or go to the shops later in the day when the car parks are more likely to be empty (if we can). But even then, this is what happens... Rolling Eyes

[Image: carpark.jpg]

Here is my rant about it if you fancy a read Very Happy

http://motorcloud.net/motormuse/motor-nature/
In Korea, new cars come with ding protectors on the doors.

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogI...0116086436

That is to be nice to the other cars and people don't mind keeping them. Smile

More passive option will be this. Laughing Laughing Laughing

(03-07-2012 07:54pm)Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I always park like this... there are too many careless suckers out there
But what happens when someone parks close to your Drivers door? Your completely screwed then lol. You will need a Can Opener to get in. Nice one.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's