babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Compare with... Any opinion appreciated:)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Since I still have several months to get Evoque and more over I'm still on a situation of pre-order status (which you still can cancel it, waiting to be in order status), I was starting to think of comparison between Evoque and other. Of course I'm still in for the Evoque, but wanted some opinions. 

The comparison is between Lexus RX450h (that's how you call it in Japan, not sure in other country). Any comments?
Good luck with your question, but sorry to say nothing compares to the Evoque For me & most of this sites members as I'm sure you will find out with any more replies.
I've heard there is no comparison to the 3 series? Surprised Laughing
Tough to draw a comparison with the Lexus as it is a hybrid, guess you need to drive the two back to back.

Evoque wins every time for me didn't even contemplate the Lexus in the buying process.
Try a comparison with a BMW 3 series, our American friends think it is a fair comparison. God help us!!!!
I get to drive different cars every single day, and although my Evoque is yet to come through. My memory stems back to when I first drove one and how I felt. Really good, and nothing really compares. Not even the Q5, Q3 or X3.
(30-06-2012 03:24am)Norzlein Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Since I still have several months to get Evoque and more over I'm still on a situation of pre-order status (which you still can cancel it, waiting to be in order status), I was starting to think of comparison between Evoque and other. Of course I'm still in for the Evoque, but wanted some opinions. 

The comparison is between Lexus RX450h (that's how you call it in Japan, not sure in other country). Any comments?

Lexus RX in my oppinion is for Blond Bimbos or hairdressers & it is hideous to look at.Rolling with Laughter
(30-06-2012 08:24am)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with your question, but sorry to say nothing compares to the Evoque For me & most of this sites members as I'm sure you will find out with any more replies.

Yeah, I went to see the car but I still go for Evoque.
(30-06-2012 10:49am)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Tough to draw a comparison with the Lexus as it is a hybrid, guess you need to drive the two back to back.

Evoque wins every time for me didn't even contemplate the Lexus in the buying process.

True, I went to see it yesterday, Lexus was not bad, but it was sort of conservative. Exterior and interior design for Evoque is still so much better.
(30-06-2012 04:09pm)rhysadams Wrote: [ -> ]I get to drive different cars every single day, and although my Evoque is yet to come through. My memory stems back to when I first drove one and how I felt. Really good, and nothing really compares. Not even the Q5, Q3 or X3.

Yes, I agree to go for Evoque. I feel BMW, Merc, Audi and maybe Lexus are a good cars, but does not feel special.
(01-07-2012 12:10am)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]Lexus RX in my oppinion is for Blond Bimbos or hairdressers & it is hideous to look at.Rolling with Laughter

Yes, exterior of Lexus didn't make me feel special and didn't really makes me want to own one. I'm sure tech used in Lexus are good, but that is not enough for me getting oneSad
Wow - the RX450h compared to the Evoque? At least in the looks department, there is nothing to compare. The RX450h is one of the uglier 4WDs I've ever seen. It's so generic and boring. There's a television advertisement in Australia where they use one without the Lexus badge. It looks so anonymous, plain, and low-rent. I assumed it was a Ssangyong, that's how ugly those cars are.
Reference URL's