babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Memory seats - maddening!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hate them I really do.

My wife has memory setting 1 and I have set mine to memory setting 3. I drive the car 90% of the time so why can't it remember what the last setting was?

It seems that every time I get in the car it will move to a random setting, sometime something like my wifes seating position, sometimes mine and sometimes as if it is expecting Peter Crouch to be driving!

So most of the time when I get in the car I have to hold down memory button 3 for about 10secs while it goes back to the setting it always should have been.

Frankly it is so annoying I would much rather just have manual adjustment! It got me thinking though, is everybody's car like this or have I got a faulty system.
Sounds faulty.
1 press of either my button, or the wifes correctly sets the seat, either driver or passenger.
Not working as it should! Seat should drop when the door is opened when exiting. Should certainly return to the setting that was last used when entering the vehicle next time.
Haven't ever noticed my seats moving. They stay in a single memory position all the time and only change if I press a different memory setting.

Is this a coupe thing?
I'm sure mine don't allways go back to the same position either.
The seats always go down when car is stopped and door is opened, this is what they are supposed to do yes? they just don't always return to the proper position!

Also, when I press the button I have to hold it down until it is fully set, is this correct? as soon as i lift of half way through it stops in that position.
try a quick press of the button instead of holding it at all? I haven't tried it, but sometimes "buttons" have dual functions where if you press and hold, it willl only move for that time.... the roof blind for example works this way.
Seat always goes down for exit. If someone else has driven the car when I get back in I hold down 1 until it stops adjusting the seat.

Seems to work OK for me.
My car is set at 1 for me, 2 for my wife and 3 for my Dad. The passenger seat is set at 1 for my wife and both kids have chosen a preference for 2 and 3.

In all cases, the seat lowers on exit and returns to the previous setting when the car is restarted. One touch of any of the memory buttons changes it to that setting. No bother, no fuss. Works perfectly.
the lowering and raising of the seat on tu
rning off/ on the car is in the menu options as easy entry/exit or something similar.

mine is turned on and I have to say I don't think it always returns to the exact same place when I get back in the car.

I will pay a bit more attention to it and confirm.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's