babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: stereo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If the stereo hardrive can hold 10 CD's, does anyone know if it is mp3 or wma compatible as that should mean that it could hold 100(ish) albums.
Surely you can't have more than 10 Dolly Parton CDs you want to play?

Sorry, have I b*****ed up your thread there?
Also, the original literature said "10 CDs/DVDs" - now, there is a lot of difference between 10CDs and 10 DVDs - does anyone know which is correct - ie what size is the harddrive.
Charlie - u r a vindictive old witch that holds a grudge for longer than my wife. This is an important thread whereas your thread on finance was just a waste of the world wide web (lol - I assume we are even now and can be friends again!)
Laughing
Found some answers but not all:-

The 380w Meridian system is MP3 Compatible

The HDD system (that comes with the SatNav) is capable of storing up to 10 uncompressed music or data cd's

Hopefull this last bit means that I can store 10 cd's full of MP3s which could amount to about 100 albums.
(19-07-2011 06:45pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]The HDD system (that comes with the SatNav) is capable of storing up to 10 uncompressed music or data cd's

Hopefull this last bit means that I can store 10 cd's full of MP3s which could amount to about 100 albums.

Or it could mean that it can't read MP3 discs Confused As you say though, fingers crossed!
Taken from the Owner's Manual

The unit will play Compact Disc Digital Audio (CDDA) discs, MP3, WMA and AAC files.

Only discs with CDDA tracks and no other type, can be uploaded to the Stored CD store.

So basically you can play back MP3's, AAC (Apple lossless) and WMA (Windows Media) content from a CD but you can only store actual Music CD's on the HD.
Curious what bit rate the CD's are ripped at? Obviously the bit rate is what defines the storage volume. I doubt it's uncompressed.

Is there anywhere that actually details the settings or parameters of how music is ripped? Also the actual size of the internal flash drive? If its CDDA assume that will also grab the track names, and other disc parameters such as if there is a gap between tracks or not (like on mix CD's).

I normally set all my mp3's to 320bits as opposed to say 192 or even 128. This is a loss to storage size but improves quality.
(21-07-2011 07:46am)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]Curious what bit rate the CD's are ripped at? Obviously the bit rate is what defines the storage volume. I doubt it's uncompressed.

Is there anywhere that actually details the settings or parameters of how music is ripped? Also the actual size of the internal flash drive? If its CDDA assume that will also grab the track names, and other disc parameters such as if there is a gap between tracks or not (like on mix CD's).

I normally set all my mp3's to 320bits as opposed to say 192 or even 128. This is a loss to storage size but improves quality.
i undertstand that the maximum storage is 10gb and max bit rate is 320 - i think it is the manual that has been floating about.
Cheers
10GB - isn't it a waste to put that much storage in but it only hold 10 std music CD's - let's hope it's only software and there is an update on this.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's