babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Ugh, mine's down.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm driving my RRE Dynamic Coupe on the freeway the other day, enjoying the ride, smooth as silk, and I step on the accelerator to pass another driver when suddenly my RRE's engine starts buckling, I'm losing power, and a warning light pops up: "Performance Restricted!". The buckling engine won't stop, I pull off the freeway, and turn off the engine. Turning it back on again, the "Performance Restricted!" warning is gone, the RRE is driving fine, I'm hoping it was some computer glitch, and I drive on. But something didn't feel right; acceleration was slightly hesitant. Then I notice the yellow engine warning light is on and it won't go off.

I take my RRE to the dealer and their techs dig in. I'm told it's a cylinder misfire and all should be well, but it'll take a few hours to resolve and repair, and it'll be ready later in the day. I take my LR3 loaner and drive home.

Later in the day: I call my Land Rover dealer to get a progress report. Now they're not certain it was a cylinder misfire. It could be something amiss with the fuel injection. Bottomline is, they're not sure and will need to keep my RRE for a few days while they consult with Land Rover UK and come up with a fix. I'm told that the mystery here is that my RRE appears to be running fine now sans that yellow engine warning light that won't stop glowing.

This is my first Land Rover/Range Rover, picked it up in December, one of the first to arrive here in the states. I'd researched and read many articles and posts prior to buying about Land Rover's sad reputation for build and quality, but nothing on the market excited me more than the Evoque, so I took the chance. It's been an amazing ride and experience up until now, probably the best, most enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned (I'm coming over from BMWs).

Here's hoping this stumble, this glitch in the experience isn't a precursor of more to come, and a continuation of LRs/RRs sad reputation. Fingers crossed. Ever hopeful.
The engine is made by Ford...
MBS how many miles do yo have on it? almost sounds like the turbo is having problems. Turbo petrol motors are crack addicts. Without turbo it has withdrawals Smile turbos are the future :/
Reference URL's