babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: A few tiny dents on pass side aluminum strip beside gear stick...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a few tiny dents on passenger side strip beside the gear stick. The car is only a month old and they are really annoying me... Does any one know how hard would it be to replace it for a new one?

Thanks in advance

James
Relatively easy - there's a video somewhere of how to remove the centre console and then it will be easy to replace them.

Quite expensive, about £75 a side. I assume you have a Pure or a Prestige. The Dynamic ones are embossed with a pattern which hides minor scuffs. Others have reported the same, may come from the seat belt buckle hitting them when being fastened.
I have the Dynamic and there is one minor dent on the passenger side but the pattern does indeed hide it to an extent - caused by my wife's rings I reckon.
Yip, I have approx 15 small dents where I have caught it with my seatbelt clip.

I'm not going to replace until I stop catching it, having said that I haven't hit it for a few months now (but my wife may have).

The dents do irritate me though!
yep! loads of them Sad perhaps RR should have used a different material as this is inevitably going to happen from seat belt or using the centre console
Reference URL's