babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Spec Questions - Mirrors and Headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just speccing up my Pure, and there's a couple of things I'm not clear on - can anyone help me?

1) Does the Pure feature the puddle lights in the wing mirrors, or do you have to spec powerfold mirrors for this?

2) The configuration utility on the web site won't let me spec Adaptive Xenons with Auto High Beam Assist; when I try to select AHB it makes me change the lights back to standard xenons, is this correct?

Thanks!

Neil
(21-06-2012 03:58pm)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just speccing up my Pure, and there's a couple of things I'm not clear on - can anyone help me?

1) Does the Pure feature the puddle lights in the wing mirrors, or do you have to spec powerfold mirrors for this?

2) The configuration utility on the web site won't let me spec Adaptive Xenons with Auto High Beam Assist; when I try to select AHB it makes me change the lights back to standard xenons, is this correct?

Thanks!

Neil

Not sure about the Xenons, but the Pure does not come with Puddle Lamps as standard, you have to spec the Power Fold Mirrors.
(21-06-2012 04:17pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about the Xenons, but the Pure does not come with Puddle Lamps as standard, you have to spec the Power Fold Mirrors.

Great, thanks for the info. I'm noticing that so many of the features that I thought I could take for granted these days on a car this expensive are going to cost me extra!
(21-06-2012 04:19pm)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]Great, thanks for the info. I'm noticing that so many of the features that I thought I could take for granted these days on a car this expensive are going to cost me extra!

Yep, thats why we changed to a Prestige as the Pure we specd up was getting up to £35k!! And all those Extras don't retain much come resale, but that was just our choice
(21-06-2012 04:22pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, thats why we changed to a Prestige as the Pure we specd up was getting up to £35k!! And all those Extras don't retain much come resale, but that was just our choice

Yeah, did look at upping to a 'higher' base model but there would have still been some extras I would have needed to add and I would also have ended up paying for some extras I didn't really want. I think the only extras that are going to make much difference for resale will the the panoramic roof and xenons.
(21-06-2012 03:58pm)NightFox Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just speccing up my Pure, and there's a couple of things I'm not clear on - can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Neil

The standard Xenons work perfectly with a broad spread of non-dazzling (to other drivers) of light - do you really need Adaptive lights? Same goes for High-beam assist....flick the switch it's not hard...
(21-06-2012 04:27pm)Straydox Wrote: [ -> ]The standard Xenons work perfectly with a broad spread of non-dazzling (to other drivers) of light - do you really need Adaptive lights? Same goes for High-beam assist....flick the switch it's not hard...

I've had adaptive xenons before on my RRS and driving round country lanes where I live they're brilliant. These roads can also mean you're forever going between dip and high beam, which is why I was also looking at the AHBA, but reading some other people's comments elsewhere they're too slow to react a lot of the time so you end up dipping manually before they get chance to, so maybe I'll settle for just the Adaptive Xenons.

P.S. Also looking at Mauritius Blue and have read some of your previous comments on it and seen your pics (I think they were yours!). Still happy with it?
Reference URL's