babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: RESOLVED (with great dealer service!):First fault and not even driven off forecourt!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
At dealers as I type to pick up new Evoque. Handover was all but finished and salesman was showing me how to lock the car. When doing this we discovered that the drivers door was not locking! They have now found that the pin that goes through the locking mechanism has snapped. Not a part they carry in stock..... But I am refusing to leave the dealership without the car. They are going to see if they can take the part from another undelivered car and fix now.

Not a good start! But hopefully they will be able to sort. I will be hugely p'd off if they can't!

Other than that, car looks great!
Cool. Hope they fix it for you. Not sure how it can snap so easily? It's a safety issue if it can happen again ?
I think part of the problem is that this is something they have never come across before.

Really not happy. Think I deserve to be offered some sort of compensation.... Had to change all my morning plans and has completely soured the experience of picking up the car.
Not a good start... I hope they don't have to hire a tent for you tonight!
I hope they get if fixed for you Rossy. If not ask them to load you an Evoque until the bits come in.
Ok. All sorted. Lots of people running round dealership ensuring everything resolved.

As goodwill gesture was given full tank of fuel, teddies for kids, and told to take Mrs out for a meal and send them the bill.

Obviously frustrating at the time, but happy with how dealership dealt with and now looking forward to enjoying car!

Pics to follow soon.
Well done for the dealership, and better for you. Congratulations. And now enjoy your car Very Happy
It's a shame your day was soured in this way, but, it is rare on here that a dealer gets some credit for pushing the boat out for a customer.

Glad that it all turned out well for you.
Good stuff...!!
Sounds like a no brainier that should have been picked up at the pdi. Might be worth giving it a thorough going over. Enjoy
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's