babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: What the hell is going on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I placed my order on 1st Marchand was told September delivery.

I established early on that my "salesman" doesnt know anything about customer service, calling back, giving info - you get the idea.Rolling Eyes

In desperation, I contacted a lovely lady at LR. she lets me know the allocation that goes to the dealer.

she does not know who gets what within the dealership

last month, through sheer luck, the salesman told my husband my place in the queue.

so June rolls around and I wait for a call from my lady at LR. silence.

my husband called the salesman (as I literally cannot stand to talk to him, or I will give him a piece of my mind) this month the salesman said nothing. NOTHING. they have had no allocation, no news.
even the second hand cars are being sold abroad.

In desperation I called my LR contact who said she doesnt know what is going on and will get back to me by Friday and try and see if she can find out the next allocation

I cannot get any answers!

I will have no car in September as I hand my current one back and I now have no idea whatsoever when or IF I will get an Evoque.

the salesman said to my husband that new customers ordering today are being quoted delivery March 2013.

I am happy for those who are taking delivery soon, but reading it is making me depressed and angry for my situation.

If anyone can shed some light / give a valued opinion as to why things have gone from bad to worse, I would be very pleased to hear it.

thanks in advance
hi leeslee - name and shame the dealer and lets get to work! Smile Yet another bad customer service from another LR dealer!
(12-06-2012 08:24pm)graymatter Wrote: [ -> ]hi leeslee - name and shame the dealer and lets get to work! Smile Yet another bad customer service from another LR dealer!

I dont feel comfortable naming and shaming.

If I ever get the car, I will make my thoughts very clear to the dealer principle

I was looking for help. can that not be done without naming?
in all fairness when i ordered mine it arrived pretty quick - none of this waiting around - maybe i found one that got cancelled?

there are evoques around and if this dealer cannot help you then there are plenty of other dealers willing to help! They are always encouraged to keep at least one evoque in stock so if they are not helping you out - it would be good to let everyone else know Smile
Please bite the bullet, go into the showroom and ask for them to show you where you are on their queue.

You have paid a deposit and are entitled to know where you are, because you must be very close to being given a build slot, and trust me when that happens thing start to move quickly.
(12-06-2012 09:06pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Please bite the bullet, go into the showroom and ask for them to show you where you are on their queue.

You have paid a deposit and are entitled to know where you are, because you must be very close to being given a build slot, and trust me when that happens thing start to move quickly.

Last month he told me my place in the queue.

so far this month they have had no car allocation - so no movement for me at all ( no cancellations either to move me up)

I don't want it any quicker than I was first quoted. I want to know the reason the goal posts have changed.

I will hopefully find out from LR what is going on
I have got the same problems here in Belgium. Was told delivery Summer. Untill now i'm in the holding pool, not even a build date....
Ah, I see.

As I understand it each dealer gets his allocation call from the factory, but here is the rub.

Again as I understand it based on what my dealer told me, there is no set date for the allocation call and as such no set figure, some months they will get more than one call, everything is dependent on the factory, also factory shut downs occur due to Public Holidays and on assumes the summer holiday.

I'm guessing but maybe the recent Bank holiday or a summer factory shutdown might come in the equation, I hope you get some answers from your contact.
(12-06-2012 09:47pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see.

As I understand it each dealer gets his allocation call from the factory, but here is the rub.

Again as I understand it based on what my dealer told me, there is no set date for the allocation call and as such no set figure, some months they will get more than one call, everything is dependent on the factory, also factory shut downs occur due to Public Holidays and on assumes the summer holiday.

I'm guessing but maybe the recent Bank holiday or a summer factory shutdown might come in the equation, I hope you get some answers from your contact.

Thanks so much. I have managed to calm down a bit - and did my usual of trying to see if I would like another car - NOPE - still want an Evoque!
What is going on?

You are expereincing the normal standard of customer service thats what!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's