babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Anyone tempted to cancel their order?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Anyone tempted to cancel their order after the reviews or customer service?
3 yes??? why???
Audi Q3 Config is up and running today..... Get a good spec S Line for £34,000

Still feel like I should be 'privileged' to on the 'waiting list'. Well that's what some LR dealers think. They do not give a Censored at all if you buy one off them or not which just kinda winds me up.....

p.s I quite like the facelift A5. Nice Quattro might also be an option......
(14-07-2011 07:48pm)Urban Splash Wrote: [ -> ]Audi Q3 Config is up and running today..... Get a good spec S Line for £34,000

Still feel like I should be 'privileged' to on the 'waiting list'. Well that's what some LR dealers think. They do not give a Censored at all if you buy one off them or not which just kinda winds me up.....

p.s I quite like the facelift A5. Nice Quattro might also be an option......

Q3 has a 'fair write up' but from that lovely front grill back, it's pig ugly, same as the Q5, and Q7.
Q3 starts at £25K, and it's built at Seats Factory near Barcelona, and every time i see a picture or review of this car, it's always a ginger pube colour!!
Q3 starts at £25K, and it's built at Seats Factory near Barcelona, and every time i see a picture or review of this car, it's always a ginger pube colour!!
[/quote]

At least you know it will score 5* in the NCAP test then - them ginger pubes are as strong as an ox!
LOL
Probably cause ginger pube colour is the only one that can jazz up that dull styling
(14-07-2011 08:19pm)pureevoque Wrote: [ -> ]LOL
Probably cause ginger pube colour is the only one that can jazz up that dull styling

Lets all remember how long Neil Kinnock lasted..
No
OK I’ve been thinking about this and I must say that one aspect of the recent road test on the Evoque has really made me wobble badly..... and that’s the fuel economy. I just wanted to get my facts straight before I do anything but these are my thoughts at the moment. How can a small, diesel family car launched in 2011 (albeit one with great capability) return an average of 30mpg. As I said I wanted to check my facts and here they are .....the FFRR TDV8 performed the exact same tests in 2010 and achieved a figure of 26mpg. That engine is twice the size is carrying around another tonne and has a much bigger frontal area and is higher. I have a 5.0ltr V8 that will occasionally do 30mpg on a run! How could LR get it so wrong. I love the styling and the gorgeous interior but I fear 5 years down the line the market for small family cars that do only 30mpg will be very limited. There appears to have been a step change in emissions reduction and fuel consumption in the car industry however as far as I can see the Evoque seems to have not been to that party. I’m very disappointed.
I just wish other road tests had done a proper job and given us some more consumption info to go on- I don’t mind paying a premium for a product that is equal to all other premium products out there yet is better designed but to pay a premium when all other areas are not equal (and reliability is still an unknown – and a concern) is enough to make me wobble. I welcome peoples thoughts.
(15-07-2011 09:29am)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]OK I’ve been thinking about this and I must say that one aspect of the recent road test on the Evoque has really made me wobble badly..... and that’s the fuel economy. I just wanted to get my facts straight before I do anything but these are my thoughts at the moment. How can a small, diesel family car launched in 2011 (albeit one with great capability) return an average of 30mpg. As I said I wanted to check my facts and here they are .....the FFRR TDV8 performed the exact same tests in 2010 and achieved a figure of 26mpg. That engine is twice the size is carrying around another tonne and has a much bigger frontal area and is higher. I have a 5.0ltr V8 that will occasionally do 30mpg on a run! How could LR get it so wrong. I love the styling and the gorgeous interior but I fear 5 years down the line the market for small family cars that do only 30mpg will be very limited. There appears to have been a step change in emissions reduction and fuel consumption in the car industry however as far as I can see the Evoque seems to have not been to that party. I’m very disappointed.
I just wish other road tests had done a proper job and given us some more consumption info to go on- I don’t mind paying a premium for a product that is equal to all other premium products out there yet is better designed but to pay a premium when all other areas are not equal (and reliability is still an unknown – and a concern) is enough to make me wobble. I welcome peoples thoughts.

I can only guess that to get 30mpg out of a modern diesel. they must have thrashed the hell out of it. Shocked
I used to average 28mpg in my FFRR as it wasn't used in town a lot.

They do performance tests and generally include that in the mpg figures too.
Autoexpress quoted my car (work hack) at 55mpg, I have actually averaged 71mpg from new over 14 full tanks of diesel.

Personally I wouldn't worry. 30mpg is worse case scenario if you race about like your hair is on fire. If you do, get the petrol.

I find a much better average is half way between the magazine racing around figure and the optimistic combined figure quoted by the manufacturer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's