babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 19 or 20" wheels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a massive difference in ride between the two sizes? What will I notice with 20" wheels?
Kerbing!
ANT
That doesn't worry me - I'm asking about the ride quality.
From what I have seen they use quite a high tyre wall on the 19's and 20's compared to a 'car' so I think they would be fine for road use. Plus you don't have what you could really call sports suspension on the Evoque, so I'm going for 20's.

They look much better.

Dave
I think it’s very hard to tell at this point. All the "road tests" have been done with 19" wheels as far as I can see. The only mention of ride quality on 20" is the TopGear magazine.... and again you never know if the car in the photo is the car they actually drove and are therefore commenting on - and they say its great. The fact that the Dynamic comes with 20" as standard tells you the ride isn't rubbish otherwise they would leave it as an option on all versions. I am still torn myself .... I have specced mine up with 20" - because they look great .... but I am rather suspicious that all the cars being given to jurnos have 19" on.
All cars given to journalists have been 19s are for the reason that it rides much better
There should be a noticeable difference. I'm guessing that's why even the Dynamic has standard 19" wheels outside of the UK!
(14-07-2011 03:19pm)vision*R Wrote: [ -> ]There should be a noticeable difference. I'm guessing that's why even the Dynamic has standard 19" wheels outside of the UK!

I was going for 19" (wife liked them, but I prefered 20") - until I saw them in the flesh at Canary Wharf - I couldnt get my hands/fingers right in to the 19's to clean them - I won the arguement, and will order 20's Very Happy
(14-07-2011 03:41pm)KaDargo Wrote: [ -> ]I couldnt get my hands/fingers right in to the 19's to clean them - I won the arguement, and will order 20's Very Happy

Funny that was the argument I used too........
I agree they will be hard to clean, but a round brush will do the trick.
I'm also thinking you won't see much dirt inside the wheel as the blades are very close together so they are constantly in the shadow of their neighbours. The inside of the wheel is painted in a darker tint anyway, it's not silver like the outside.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's